What is camp fortune like

PB Forum :: Downhill
What is camp fortune like
Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
if its the trail im thinking of it is so much fun, but steep as hell, ontop of that it tech too. I rode there last september after the race and pretty hit all the trails, camp fortune is amazing, so much fun, one of my favorite places to ride.

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
If you've been skiing at Fortune, on the Skyline lift, you would have seen the ski run called Swan Dive, right below the lift about 3/4 of the way up. It's ridiculously steep and has several random trees in the middle of it, now Hairway to Stephen (epic trail name) is in the woods on the left side of Swan Dive. Steep is the best word to describe it

Posted: Jul 8, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
MajesticMOOSE wrote:
If you've been skiing at Fortune, on the Skyline lift, you would have seen the ski run called Swan Dive, right below the lift about 3/4 of the way up. It's ridiculously steep and has several random trees in the middle of it, now Hairway to Stephen (epic trail name) is in the woods on the left side of Swan Dive. Steep is the best word to describe it

Steep doesn't really do it justice.... "The Other Woman" is pretty gnarly as well. There's a trail way far left of the Skyline lift (viewed from the bottom facing up) called Jacob's Ladder. That's pretty steep and really fun but it's on NCC land which means it's closed to MTBing. Boo!

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
lol i do fortune on my figgen hardtail....not the most pleasent, but the trails are great!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
Yeah, I was there today ... that was my first DH excursion, riding on an '06 Norco Sasquatch ... I stuck to Salamander for my first 2 1/2 runs, and then I got a flat, so I was shafted for the rest of the day.
That was the sickest riding I've ever done ... I enjoyed it. Can't wait to get back to fortune.
To the folk I met today: thanks for helping me out ... made the trip enjoyable (despite my f*^%ing tire) ... next time I swear I'll bring more tubes with me (not to mention a better pump) Smile

Posted: Sep 2, 2008 at 3:36 Quote
no oe else had a tube that you could have like bought off them? thats weired nost people do that..... anywho it's a good thing you enjoyed fotune anyway..

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 at 5:31 Quote
konasam666 wrote:
no oe else had a tube that you could have like bought off them? thats weired nost people do that..... anywho it's a good thing you enjoyed fotune anyway..
Well, one of the b'ys (Sorry dude, I can't remember your name!) drove me down the road to the bike shop and I picked up another tube, but they were out of shraeder valve, and the pin on the tube broke before it was filled up, so I was S.O.L.
It was pretty fantastic anyways, can't wait until next time Smile

Posted: Sep 11, 2013 at 20:11 Quote
Anyone going to fortune this weekend?

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 20:29 Quote
At camp fortune bring a tube for the flat you know your going to get then bring another one for the flat there is a chance you will get. Camp fortune is super fun with many obstacles, and everyone is nice and helpful

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018366
Mobile Version of Website