Virgin buyer!!

PB Forum :: Beginners
Virgin buyer!!
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
Yeah I won't buy online I don't think..unless it's from Prince George/surrounding areas. It would be easy to take advantage of me considering I know nothing about bikes, so it's good to get some info from you guys first, learn the lingo a little bit. =P

Mod
Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
You do live in the mountainbike mecca of the world so getting a bike from somewhere in the BC area shouldn’t be too hard. Honestly, check out the Reign. You definitely won’t be disappointed. It will climb like a mountain goat and it can handle being bombed down a DH course. This is the ultimate fun bike as it can do it all.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
The Reign is not really a downhill bike, i think he said he wanted to do downhill mostly. If you want a good downhiller that you can progress with look into a second-hand Norco DH or Giant Glory, i saw some for sale in the buy/sell.
laurie1 wrote:
You do live in the mountainbike mecca of the world so getting a bike from somewhere in the BC area shouldn’t be too hard. Honestly, check out the Reign. You definitely won’t be disappointed. It will climb like a mountain goat and it can handle being bombed down a DH course. This is the ultimate fun bike as it can do it all.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
The Reign is not really a downhill bike, i think he said he wanted to do downhill mostly. If you want a good downhiller that you can progress with look into a second-hand Norco DH or Giant Glory, i saw some for sale in the buy/sell.
laurie1 wrote:

The reign X isnt really a DH bike, but it isnt really an AM bike either... I think it fits what the rider needs perfectly... 6.7" of travel, in a package that is apprx 30 pounds? I took mine on some XC rides, all the while bombing 80km/h on the weekends, it can definitly do it all with no complaints.

Didn't it win Bike of The Year in a few MTB magazines?

Trust me, its the perfect bike for what your looking for.

MITCH

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Not for downhill! I know they're incredible bikes, I have an 07 Reign XO, but its designed and best suited for the trails. You would need to change the fork and bottom bracket for true downhill (and you can't change the bottom bracket on these bikes).

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:50 Quote
youre nuts. It might not be a plow bike, but ABSOLUTELY works great for DH applications. Sure some of the componentry isnt uber-DH oriented, but a 67 degree headtube is plenty for the steeps.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
6.7, not 67 it refers to the shock travel.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
spydr05 wrote:

Look up the geometry, its a 67 degree head tube angle too. Dont try to get me on technical stuff :-) I know its 6.7 inches of rear wheel travel too.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
Not for downhill! I know they're incredible bikes, I have an 07 Reign XO, but its designed and best suited for the trails. You would need to change the fork and bottom bracket for true downhill (and you can't change the bottom bracket on these bikes).

You absolutely can change the BB on this bike! I ran Atlas cranks with an XTR BB on mine with no issues... The stock fork can take more than you can throw at it, it's very strong!

And like someone above me mentioned, the 67 degree head angle is more tha capable of decendin, especially with the suspension design and 6.7" in the rear...

MITCH

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Okay, I guess i misinterpited your post, i don't want to argue i just offered my opinion. Done!
Hummeroid wrote:
spydr05 wrote:

Look up the geometry, its a 67 degree head tube angle too. Dont try to get me on technical stuff :-) I know its 6.7 inches of rear wheel travel too.

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 21:05 Quote
Did you change the BB on an XO cause I tried and the shops said it can't be done.
mitcht wrote:
spydr05 wrote:

You absolutely can change the BB on this bike! I ran Atlas cranks with an XTR BB on mine with no issues... The stock fork can take more than you can throw at it, it's very strong!

And like someone above me mentioned, the 67 degree head angle is more tha capable of decendin, especially with the suspension design and 6.7" in the rear...

MITCH

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
Did you change the BB on an XO cause I tried and the shops said it can't be done.
mitcht wrote:
spydr05 wrote:

MITCH
can you quote on the bottom the top is really annoying because it doesn't mean thats its in response to the topic of statement.
and punctuation is nice too

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
spydr05 wrote:
mitcht wrote:
spydr05 wrote:

MITCH

Yes I changed it myself with no issues what so ever. I'm shocked that your shop told you that... What crankset is on your Reign X right now? The only way I can see them being right, is if they are talking about the BB Spindle, which cannot be replaced as it is attached the the right crankarm, unless its done through RF, which is because it is part of the crank arm. But the BB bearings themselves are quite simple to replace.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012377
Mobile Version of Website