What is an all round mountain bike that does a bit of everything full suspension

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What is an all round mountain bike that does a bit of everything full suspension
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 17:36 Quote
Dexternlaman101 wrote:
MTBfun427xx wrote:
Dexternlaman101 wrote:

I spoke to someone out on the trail with one they said yeah it rides nice but as with most things somethings bad to go wrong when you crash, and he did. when he tried to get a repair done on the wheel which had broken he had to wait ages for the parts and pay a fortune because their not very standard parts due to the 'different' style front end the bike boasts.
hope this helps

think i should save up a little extra to get a different wheelset right off the bat?(i work at a bike shop so employee discount will apply to all of this)

yeah its your call so do what you think is best and within your budget. personally i would shy away from the 'lefty' setup because of problems that occur when needing parts or repairs if i were you and looking for a bike in that price range i would go for a giant reign or a gt of some sort.

sorry for all the questions but any input on the 2016 gt sanction pro this was one of the other bikes i was considering. any idea on the weight?

thanyou very muchSmile

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
MTBfun427xx wrote:
Dexternlaman101 wrote:
MTBfun427xx wrote:

think i should save up a little extra to get a different wheelset right off the bat?(i work at a bike shop so employee discount will apply to all of this)

yeah its your call so do what you think is best and within your budget. personally i would shy away from the 'lefty' setup because of problems that occur when needing parts or repairs if i were you and looking for a bike in that price range i would go for a giant reign or a gt of some sort.

sorry for all the questions but any input on the 2016 gt sanction pro this was one of the other bikes i was considering. any idea on the weight?

thanyou very muchSmile

It weighs 31.59 lbs

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 19:27 Quote
[Quote="Kriegripper"]
MTBfun427xx wrote:
Dexternlaman101 wrote:

thanyou very muchSmile

It weighs 31.59 lbs[/Quote

thanks and are the stans rapids that are on there any good? seems like the bike will be a little under gunned in the wheelset department, ironicly a problem with both of the bikes im looking at(more so on the jekyll)

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 19:39 Quote
cortosis2009 wrote:
MTBfun427xx wrote:
considering a 2015 jekyll carbon 2 any thoughts? or input from someone who owns one? the only component im concered with are the crossroc wheels, all the info i can find on them say xc use only no jumps or drops especially for a 200lb rider(my weight)they are also pretty narrow 19mm internal. since i live in kansas looking to use it for urban freeride with the occasional trip to out of state bike parks maybe some xc mixed in there

thanksSmile

The Jekyll is an awesome bike if built properly. But those wheels sound like they would be a pretty big weak point.

ya we have one(the carbon 2)in our shop and it looks and feels great plus its on closeout so i can get a ridiculously good deal on it!!! im just sketched out by those wheels

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 20:11 Quote
I just switched bikes to a new 2016 fuel 27.5 and i love it

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
[Quote="MTBfun427xx"]
Kriegripper wrote:
MTBfun427xx wrote:

thanyou very muchSmile

It weighs 31.59 lbs[/Quote

thanks and are the stans rapids that are on there any good? seems like the bike will be a little under gunned in the wheelset department, ironicly a problem with both of the bikes im looking at(more so on the jekyll)

There very stiff. It makes you more confident on the trail. There great under heavy loads and can take a hit if need be.

Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
Intence spider is a good do it all

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 6:20 Quote
bronson vs jekyll?

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 16:01 Quote
I can recommend a trance 2. I have one, 2016. Durable and rides up and down well. If you do pick one up, get one with the new fit 4 dampers.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 20:18 Quote
One word.

Transition Smuggler

Ok that was two, but hey never mind. Amazing bike. Love love mine. Loads of build options. Pedals very well, goes down hill like a mad man. And it's build by Transtiton. No need to look at any other bike.

Ok maybe the Transition Patrol or Scout should be added to that list as well.

Posted: Apr 2, 2016 at 9:57 Quote
New trek fuels, surprisingly capable bikes!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015209
Mobile Version of Website