Brake upgrade ?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2016 at 21:00 Quote
I've been riding for a while now with no back brakes. Fun stuff I know! My question is what's a good brake setup ?

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 2:00 Quote
one that works and leaves gnarly skid

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 4:04 Quote
nickeffect1 wrote:
I've been riding for a while now with no back breaks. Fun stuff I know! My question is what's a good brake setup ?

Anything deore and up from Shimano. Depending how much you want to spend.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 4:49 Quote
I've heard a four piston caliper is better.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 5:05 Quote
nickeffect1 wrote:
I've heard a four piston caliper is better.

Not is better, can be better. I personally don't not like brakes by brands other than shimano, but in the end it's personal preference. Shimano definitely have some good offers out there though!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 6:32 Quote
SAINT!!!

Sooooo much power. And to people who complain about modulation, go faster.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 7:01 Quote
And for people like me who can't afford the Saint Madder .... Shimano ZEE brakes!

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
of course, i have had some issues with my zees being inconsistent but maybe it just needs a bleed or i got a faulty set.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 7:30 Quote
adrennan wrote:
of course, i have had some issues with my zees being inconsistent but maybe it just needs a bleed or i got a faulty set.

I've experienced the inconsistent bite before, but after I bled it and added new pads... it was totally fine. I'm trying to find out if the levers are causing that? I've researched and researched and the "only" difference I have found between Zee and Saints brakes are the lever adjustments on the fly... Very confused

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 7:40 Quote
sdken wrote:
adrennan wrote:

I've experienced the inconsistent bite before, but after I bled it and added new pads... it was totally fine. I'm trying to find out if the levers are causing that? I've researched and researched and the "only" difference I have found between Zee and Saints brakes are the lever adjustments on the fly... Very confused

I wonder if it might be a manufacturing tolerance thing too and they just dont say it.

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 10:10 Quote
If you want great breaks at an even better price I would highly recommend getting Shimano SLX M675 brakes. They are only a few bucks more than the M615 Deore brakes, but they have ceramic pistons which stop your brake fluid from heating better than the plastic pistons in the Deore brakes. Also, they have the same exact caliper and lever/master cylinder as the XT M785 brakes except that they lack the small free stroke adjust screw. Both the SLX and XT brakes are manufactured in Japan while the Deore brakes are manufactured in Malaysia. It might not mean much, but I'd bet that they take a bit more care in machining parts in Japan then in Malaysia.

Shimano SLX Brakes $107

Posted: Apr 1, 2016 at 16:37 Quote
Second on the slx brakes. Had my bike 2 years and havent had to bleed them.

Posted: Apr 3, 2016 at 10:39 Quote
I have the XT M875 and they are worth every penny.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011271
Mobile Version of Website