888 ATA WC settings

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
888 ATA WC settings
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
yeah i know,I dont have any scales at the moment.I looked it up and the average weight is about 115-135 lbs.

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
callumbikes wrote:
yeah i know,I dont have any scales at the moment.I looked it up and the average weight is about 115-135 lbs.
on sunday i can get u my exact settings, i weigh 125
took forever for me to get it just right but now its perfect

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:03 Quote
I need to know pretty soon as I am doing a little race tommorow

Posted: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
callumbikes wrote:
I need to know pretty soon as I am doing a little race tommorow
ok ill try to use my memory
i think around 75-80 psi in ata chamber
90-100 in par valve
0psi in rebound
edit: it should give you a 30-5% sag

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 10:02 Quote
Tried that it works alot smoother but the travel didnt go up at all.Im getting it booked for a service this week though.

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 10:45 Quote
callumbikes wrote:
Tried that it works alot smoother but the travel didnt go up at all.Im getting it booked for a service this week though.
try a lower par setting first

Posted: Oct 4, 2010 at 9:46 Quote
Odd quirk about my 2009 Marzocchi 888 WC ATA.

It holds pressure just fine but after I load the right fork’s bottom par with 180 psi and then the forks top with 165psi I get a measurement of 200mm but after I compress the fork stanchions a couple of times the fork measurement reads 190.5mm (7.5”)

What might I be overlooking or not addressing with the compression setup that prevents the fork to returning to 200mm after every compression cycle?

FYI: The left fork settings are set up to be into the middle (neutral) in regards to the air/volume on the fork’s top and compression on the forks bottom. (rotated/clicked to a halfway point in the allowable clicks)

-CF-

O+
Posted: May 30, 2011 at 13:37 Quote
Sounds like your not setting it up right.

Here is the manual:
http://www.marzocchi.com/admin/download.asp?LN=UK&idC=1551&Campo=ManualeInglese&IDFolder=126&IDOggetto=56399

Use the the chart given (As a guide, adjustments will be needed) to setup the pressures in the PAR and ATA chambers to your weight.
(NOTE: The pressure of the lower chamber (PAR) must be higher
than the pressure of the upper chamber (ATA) by at least 1
bar (15psi).)

Then ride and tune as needed, good rule of thumb for what the chambers do:
PAR chamber (Lower) is for the very end of your stroke, bottom out. Need more pressure if your doing big drops and hits, less if just riding DH
ATA Chamber (Upper) is for the beginning of your stroke, and is the pressure adjusted to set up your SAG (First thing you do when setting up suspension!)

Here is my setup as an example, on my Demo 7:

I'm 190lbs
PAR: 130psi
ATA: 90psi

The setup you've got going there is for a 400lb man doing 20ft drops to flat Smile

If you can't get it to preform this way, you may have a stuck PAR or some other mechanical problem.

Good Luck

Posted: May 30, 2011 at 15:07 Quote
Thanks for the info.

I roughly weigh 215lbs with my riding gear and backpack on. At first I set up the fork following the manual guide and then began making adjustments afterwards. But I did take note that the without the PAR and ATA somewhat maxed out the travel was not running at the full 8".

7.5" seems to be all the the fork is willing to give after I cycle it through its travel a couple of times. Hard to say what the issue may be, guess I just need to fiddle with the PAR and ATA a bit more.

Either that or just take into the shop and have them pull it apart for closer inspection. Maybe the o-rings seals need some lube. Fork is only a year old with average riding millage on it. (once a week)

-CF-

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025922
Mobile Version of Website