Wilson, Demo, or Tr500

PB Forum :: Downhill
Wilson, Demo, or Tr500
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 18:32 Quote
Title says it all. Going to be purchasing a new dh bike so would would you guys recommend between the 3? Let me know which and why! Thanks guys

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
You seriously have to get on all three of those bikes feel them out and then make your decision... We would rather you be happy then pick a random set of cards!

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 22:19 Quote
Those are 3 very different bikes. Each bike is good in a particular way.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 9:18 Quote
Lol, just let other people pick your bike without knowing your tastes?

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 19:28 Quote
I never said I was going to be letting people chose the bike I'm going to purchase. I'm asking for people's opinions if they had ridden any of them, pros and cons, why they like it, etc.

Posted: Apr 14, 2016 at 19:37 Quote
Hmmm... have you actually gone to your LBS and actually test ride these bikes you mentioned? There all going to do different things you may find better answers there then on the Internet. You are the rider bikes are personal preference find out which suits your needs.

Good luck boy

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 10:13 Quote
If you want me to make a recommendation, than go with Commencal

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 10:28 Quote
V3 Park! Yeeeeeeeowwww

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
Id recommend the v4 over the v3 in this situation.

Its much more of a race bike, and more like the wilson or demo. Ive never ridden a wilson, but the new v4 feels kinda similar to a demo, in the way that the demo is both racey and fun at the same time.... I think the Wilson is even more of a plow bike, like a giant glory.

The v3 is more of a freeride bike, however it can still race if you're a good enough rider.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:15 Quote
Haha I was able to get on a demo, felt really nice. Have yet to find a Wilson and can't seem to find a tr500 anywhere. Wish I could wait till I head up to whistler lol. And I'll have to check out the commencals

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:22 Quote
sporadic wrote:
Haha I was able to get on a demo, felt really nice. Have yet to find a Wilson and can't seem to find a tr500 anywhere. Wish I could wait till I head up to whistler lol. And I'll have to check out the commencals

Transition makes amazing bikes as well. My two favorite manufacturers are commencal and transition. Of all the bikes ive ridden, they feel like they have the best balance between freeride bikes and race rigs. Fast and fun. Scott is a larger manufacturer that also blends these characteristics in well across their entire range of bikes.

If you're from washington, it shouldnt be hard to find a tr 500.. I never was a big fan of the looks, but its an awesome bike. I took one lap on one in Jackson Hole in 2014, and compared to my glory it felt just as fast but more fun.

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
sporadic wrote:

Transition makes amazing bikes as well. My two favorite manufacturers are commencal and transition. Of all the bikes ive ridden, they feel like they have the best balance between freeride bikes and race rigs. Fast and fun. Scott is a larger manufacturer that also blends these characteristics in well across their entire range of bikes.

If you're from washington, it shouldnt be hard to find a tr 500.. I never was a big fan of the looks, but its an awesome bike. I took one lap on one in Jackson Hole in 2014, and compared to my glory it felt just as fast but more fun.

Okay thanks for the input that helps a lot. It's just so hard with so many different bike companies. Seems that everyone has its strong points. I'm definitely looking for something that is balanced between freeriding and racing as I ride both quite often

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
I don't race so the V4 wouldn't suit me that well but I was aiming towards a V3 Park or Meta SX. Transition makes great rides there customer service will back you up like no other. I'm a fan of the Patrol / Smuggler / TR500 or any TR bike. I wish I had more coin but I'm on a budget.

- Richy

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
What about a Banshee Darkside Sporadic?

Posted: Apr 15, 2016 at 12:38 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/banshee-darkside-review-2014.html

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018080
Mobile Version of Website