New full face helmet

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
So in looking for a new full face helmet for some all mountain and enduro riding. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a bell super 2r or a bell transfer 9. But I'm not Shure if the super 2r offers the same amount of protection as the transfer 9. Also if you guys have any other suggestions of full face helmets I'd be happy to hear them

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 19:28 Quote
It all depends on what you are doing with the helmet. If you want extra protection for trail riding the 2R is a good choice, but it is not a proper DH helmet. If you are going to be using it at a bike park or doing big free ride hits get a one piece full face helmet.

From Outdoor Gear Lab http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Mountain-Bike-Helmet-Reviews/Bell-Super-2R-MIPS
Outdoor_Gear_Lab wrote:
The Super 2R meets the same CPSC standard for cycling helmets as all of the other half-shell helmets we've tested. It does not meet the ASTM 1952 standard for full-face helmets designed for downhilling. If you need maximum protection you are going to want a true full-face. The Super 2R should be thought of as a super protective half-shell rather than a true full-face.

The Transfer 9 is a good budget full face helmet; I managed to get one for around $70 on sale over winter. Stay away from the Bell Sanction as it doesn't meet all of the same certifications as the Transfer 9 and Full 9.

You said that you were looking for an AM/Enduro lid, so the 2R should work out fine. Just know that it won't provide as good protection as a one piece helmet in a bike park.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:17 Quote
Thanks a lot that really helps I'll probably go with the transfer 9 then scene I would Ride some dh and do a little dirt jumping to

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010019
Mobile Version of Website