How to lower Argyle 318

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to lower Argyle 318
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
if i do this with my fork, will it ,lower it to 70mm of stantions showing?

when u bought it i had asked for it to be lowered, they said they did but they did something wierd, there is 100mm of stantions showing, but only goes down 80mm?

is this what your explaining, or what i wanted?

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
it lowers your axle to crown length so yes it does lower the amount of stantion showing on the fork it self as well as the amount of travel the fork goes through obviously.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
thanks, although i dont understand how this will lower it, considering ur not cutting the springs or anything. but adding more spacers in?

yes i know i seem like a complete noob.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
pocket-change wrote:
thanks, although i dont understand how this will lower it, considering ur not cutting the springs or anything. but adding more spacers in?

yes i know i seem like a complete noob.

It is impossible to explain unless you have seen it a part already, but once you do it you will totally understand. You are adding spacers, but at the bottom, and removing one from the top. Also, get a velvet washer, it will keep you from having a klunking sound after you lower the fork, it goes between the fork and the cap. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:40 Quote
thanks, i plan to try it tomorow, but im sorta nervouse and dont wanna f*ck it up,

this will lower the amount of stantions showing,?

can you explain what is already done to my fork then,
it was susposed to be lowered, but apparently done in such a way i still see 100mm, but only goes down 80?

whats the difference between what this is and whats already done to mine? and will i have to move anything else around since this has been done

sorry to be a bother

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
Not sure man. Try making it super soft, put a zip tie loose around one of the uppers, slip the zip tie down to the top of the lower and jump off a curb and smash down. See how high the zip tie goes and if it goes almost to the top the guy who "lowered" it is full of poo. After lowering it according to this thread, you will have 80mm of stanchion showing. I think thats what the uppers are called.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
I also have a thread on how to lower pikes, coil and air. Look up "How to lower pikes"

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
pocket-change wrote:
thanks, i plan to try it tomorow, but im sorta nervouse and dont wanna f*ck it up,

this will lower the amount of stantions showing,?

can you explain what is already done to my fork then,
it was susposed to be lowered, but apparently done in such a way i still see 100mm, but only goes down 80?

whats the difference between what this is and whats already done to mine? and will i have to move anything else around since this has been done

sorry to be a bother

Read back a few pages,

Mine are set at 70mm travel with 83mm stantion, The make the stantions a bit longer than the travel because other wise your lowers would smash into the crown when you bottom them out...

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
So how do you actually take the stantions out of the lowers on an argyle 302 ?

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 12:48 Quote
I STILL DONT KNOW HOW TO TAKE THE FORKS APART !?

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 13:16 Quote
OMG READ! unscrew both the bottom bolts and pull up you tard. f*cking use the search

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
so four 10mm spacers to lower to 60mm. but do i leave the preload spacer that was under the top cap in aswell???

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
free-ride911 wrote:
so four 10mm spacers to lower to 60mm. but do i leave the preload spacer that was under the top cap in aswell???

No, thats how the travel is adjusted is by switching where the spacers are.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 8:13 Quote
twistedmistersartz wrote:
free-ride911 wrote:

No, thats how the travel is adjusted is by switching where the spacers are.

There's a 30mm spacer and another small plastic one (normally stuck in top of the cap) take the 30mm one out but leave the small one, this stops the spring hitting the cap and making nasty noises!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012160
Mobile Version of Website