How to lower Argyle 318

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to lower Argyle 318
Posted: Dec 12, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
what are the draw backs from lowering a 318? I've read that lowering it may mess up the rebound and stuff like that, is this true and are there any others to worry about?

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
mrandt wrote:
what are the draw backs from lowering a 318? I've read that lowering it may mess up the rebound and stuff like that, is this true and are there any others to worry about?

I've done it to mine and my mates have done theirs to and no troubles i know of...

Posted: Dec 12, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
mrandt wrote:

If you get the washers from home depot so you can lower it, and keep all the old pieces, you can always put it back to the way it was. I've actually heard people say the rebound and compression work better after lowering it, as was the case with mine. Also, don't forget to get a felt washer for the top so you don't get the kink sound when you jump. Other that that, a down fall may be that you are losing 20mm of travel, which is less than an inch.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:21 Quote
Just lowered my argyle 318 thx to this thread Smile
photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 1:31 Quote
twistedmistersartz wrote:
mrandt wrote:

If you get the washers from home depot so you can lower it, and keep all the old pieces, you can always put it back to the way it was. I've actually heard people say the rebound and compression work better after lowering it, as was the case with mine. Also, don't forget to get a felt washer for the top so you don't get the kink sound when you jump. Other that that, a down fall may be that you are losing 20mm of travel, which is less than an inch.

It made my compression etc work way better to. They're pretty much solid when its wound all the way up now =]

That's a good point to, keep all the bits and you can change it back if you dont like them!

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 8:15 Quote
alright, how hard do you have to hit the bottom for it to come loose? i hammered it and it wont come loose

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 8:17 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
alright, how hard do you have to hit the bottom for it to come loose? i hammered it and it wont come loose
Make sure you have space beetween the bottom and the top of the screw so your not just hitting the fork. But mine was pretty hard to get out.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 8:35 Quote
alright thanks, done that. now i have a new problem, i cant get the bottom screw to reach the thread

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:03 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
alright thanks, done that. now i have a new problem, i cant get the bottom screw to reach the thread
Are you puting it back together? If so i had the same problem, just kind push down the spring and everything either with your hand or the topcap. What you can do to make it easier is just put the black topcap on it now and then it should screw in easily.

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:35 Quote
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:
Are you puting it back together? If so i had the same problem, just kind push down the spring and everything either with your hand or the topcap. What you can do to make it easier is just put the black topcap on it now and then it should screw in easily.

i just pushed everything down with a stick lol, i heard a noise an then it was at the bottom just needed some pressure lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:37 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:

i just pushed everything down with a stick lol, i heard a noise an then it was at the bottom just needed some pressure lol
Sweet so it worked?

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:42 Quote
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:
iridedirtjumps wrote:

Sweet so it worked?

yuppers all done. had some troubl with the top cap tho, that was anoying lol i had to ike stretch the forkk apart a bit

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:43 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:

Sweet so it worked?

yuppers all done. had some troubl with the top cap tho, that was anoying lol i had to ike stretch the forkk apart a bit
Yea you really have to push down alot, how much did you lower it to?

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:44 Quote
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:
iridedirtjumps wrote:
Sweet so it worked?

70 mill. i heard if you do 80 it has like play or something

Posted: Feb 7, 2010 at 10:46 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
iridedirtjumps wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:

70 mill. i heard if you do 80 it has like play or something
Ah, yea i did 75 and it feels awesome.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014031
Mobile Version of Website