How to lower Argyle 318

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
How to lower Argyle 318
Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 11:38 Quote
Just lowered to 70mm but it makes a squishy noise and the compression knob doesnt seem to do anything ? any suggestions

Posted: Jan 3, 2011 at 21:30 Quote
cavenuts wrote:
Just lowered to 70mm but it makes a squishy noise and the compression knob doesnt seem to do anything ? any suggestions
same problem here. and when i put it back to 100mm the compression nob still didnt work.

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 6:29 Quote
wipeass-jack wrote:
cavenuts wrote:
same problem here. and when i put it back to 100mm the compression nob still didnt work.
its normal man both of my friennds who lowered said the noise goes away

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 6:58 Quote
cavenuts wrote:
wipeass-jack wrote:
cavenuts wrote:

Check the oil levels, the compression works by changing the amount of oil (and how easy it passes through) it lets in and out so if there's not enough oil then there's nothing to adjust. Not a guarenteed fix but worth a shot!

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 7:44 Quote
jessejones wrote:
cavenuts wrote:
wipeass-jack wrote:

Check the oil levels, the compression works by changing the amount of oil (and how easy it passes through) it lets in and out so if there's not enough oil then there's nothing to adjust. Not a guarenteed fix but worth a shot!
where can i get oil

Posted: Jan 4, 2011 at 15:59 Quote
jessejones wrote:
cavenuts wrote:
wipeass-jack wrote:

iv got 20-30ml in it. so that aint the problem i dont think.
and chainreaction sells fork oil

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 at 15:13 Quote
got my argyle 318's in peices, does anybody know how the damping should be set up, as in the internals, im confused as to wear i should set the valve in comarison to the top knob as there are different sized holes...

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 4:19 Quote
Robmtb16 wrote:
got my argyle 318's in peices, does anybody know how the damping should be set up, as in the internals, im confused as to wear i should set the valve in comarison to the top knob as there are different sized holes...

Rob, is it the compression side your on about where the blue dial sits on top of the black knob?

It doesnt matter where you set it (its got a set amount of adjustability that works on a thread internally, between the top cap and compression cart which is pretty hard to get apart!, so unless you take the whooooole thing apart you cant change it anyway!), because the valve just changes the amount of oil it lets through (bigger hole = more oil passing through = less compression and softer forks and vice versa). Just put it back on and it (should) work just the same as before Smile

Posted: Jan 24, 2011 at 11:47 Quote
mate it was so f*ckin hard, but after a shit loads of dismantling and ting, it was cause the oil me and my dad used was to thick for the damping system hence it didnt work properly , think ive got it sorted now i have 5 weight oil in, nice one and thanks for the advice jesse!

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 1:26 Quote
No probs dude, i think i ran 10 in mine but just whack the rebound to slow and it'll be cool!

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 9:01 Quote
does anyone know where you can get the nylon spacers for under the top cap , in canada

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
How do you lower a 409?

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
same way
marco-djer wrote:
How do you lower a 409?

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
wipeass-jack wrote:
jessejones wrote:
cavenuts wrote:

iv got 20-30ml in it. so that aint the problem i dont think.
and chainreaction sells fork oil

dont by fork oil from bike shops or bike distributors, its super over priced, just go to any moto cross shop or motorcycle shop... i bought a quart of 15wt fork oil like 2 years ago and im not even half way thru it yet...cost me 23bucks...

Posted: Feb 13, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
how do you lower a argyle 302, what top cap do you loosen and what do you do when you loosen them ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.076172
Mobile Version of Website