If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
If you could have ANY bike for free what would you get?
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
spag wrote:
jeremyhepworth wrote:
[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1738912/ size=m align=c]https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1738912/[/PI]
photo

its ok, pas plus que ca
thats a nice bike

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
jamisbowtech wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
oh, a Chris King NoThreadSet too. not the Ti one, it's actually heavier than the normal one.
thats wierd i wonder why?

Titanium:

47.867 g/mol

Aluminum

26.981 g/mol

thats why. aluminum is almost twice as light as titanium.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
i would take a single speed doberman mbf with arglye 318 and back break and a sick bottle rocket

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
fluder wrote:
jamisbowtech wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
oh, a Chris King NoThreadSet too. not the Ti one, it's actually heavier than the normal one.
thats wierd i wonder why?

Titanium:

47.867 g/mol

Aluminum

26.981 g/mol

that doesn't matter, aluminum is denser

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
well, i got bored and searched through all 40 pages of commencal's on PB and not one has either a Cane Creek DB or a White Brother Groove Race fork. my bike would be REALLY unique.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
Titanium:

47.867 g/mol

Aluminum

26.981 g/mol

that doesn't matter, aluminum is denser[/Quote]

No. Aluminum is less dense. Read what he posted.

Madder

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
well, i got bored and searched through all 40 pages of commencal's on PB and not one has either a Cane Creek DB or a White Brother Groove Race fork. my bike would be REALLY unique.

That's cause the Groove is a horrible fork. It's light, but isn't strong in the least, has horrible damping, looks ugly, and isn't very tunable. I'd say get a totem solo air if you want a light fork that can do dH. I wouldn't trust a Groove.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
thats good dude. ull be the only one with that bike

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
well, i got bored and searched through all 40 pages of commencal's on PB and not one has either a Cane Creek DB or a White Brothers Groove Race fork. my bike would be REALLY unique.

That's cause the Groove is a horrible fork. It's light, but isn't strong in the least, has horrible damping, looks ugly, and isn't very tunable. I'd say get a totem solo air if you want a light fork that can do dH. I wouldn't trust a Groove.
according to the review i read on it here on PB awhile back, the damping is a bitch to get perfect but once you get it there it is great and it also apparently has no more flex than a boxxer. looks are partial and in the eye of the beholder, personally i like it.
Edit: hang on a minute and i'll try to find a link to that review.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
well, i got bored and searched through all 40 pages of commencal's on PB and not one has either a Cane Creek DB or a White Brothers Groove Race fork. my bike would be REALLY unique.

according to the review i read on it here on PB awhile back, the damping is a bitch to get perfect but once you get it there it is great and it also apparently has no more flex than a boxxer. looks are partial and in the eye of the beholder, personally i like it.

I've heard bad things about it from MBUK, and really, I'm let to hear anything positive about them, other than the weight. Like I said, why not a totem solo air? Weighs about the same, feels loads better, and same amount of travel.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Titanium:

47.867 g/mol

Aluminum

26.981 g/mol

Madder [/Quote] oh man you're gonna argue density wwith a chemistry student? moles are not volume. I love ya vince but please feel free to take your foot out of your mouth at any time. something can be heavier in g/mole but still lighter

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
vinceliberatore wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Titanium:

47.867 g/mol

Aluminum

26.981 g/mol

Madder
oh man you're gonna argue density wwith a chemistry student? moles are not volume. I love ya vince but please feel free to take your foot out of your mouth at any time. something can be heavier in g/mole but still lighter[/Quote]

Take a block of aluminum, and a block of Ti, of the same size. The Aluminum weighs less, as it's less dense. Argument over. Back to topic.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:

I've heard bad things about it from MBUK, and really, I'm let to hear anything positive about them, other than the weight. Like I said, why not a totem solo air? Weighs about the same, feels loads better, and same amount of travel.
here, i found the link. i'm not a fan of the totem, i've heard good things about it but i have a gut instict that makes me not like it. it would be on my dream bike anyways so who cares as long as i'm happy right? anyways here's the link.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whitebros-grooverace-test-2007.html
Edit: my favorite line is, "strong but light like a midget weight lifter."

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
haha, well although that data doesn't suggest density, wikipedia says that titanium is more dense. new explanation. Titanium is like a bazillion times stronger so you use less of it so it's usually lighter in most applications. but when used for a headset, it can't be used in less quantity, thus it's heavier

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
sherbet wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

here, i found the link. i'm not a fan of the totem, i've heard good things about it but i have a gut instict that makes me not like it. it would be on my dream bike anyways so who cares as long as i'm happy right? anyways here's the link.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whitebros-grooverace-test-2007.html

True true, your dream, go for it. Just off to read the link.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.037055
Mobile Version of Website