Shimano m8000 XT brake free-stroke screw

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Shimano m8000 XT brake free-stroke screw
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2016 at 2:14 Quote
Hi all,

I have just fitted my new XT brakes to my bike, everything is perfect, apart from the free-stroke adjust screw. It seems to be locked in position and will not turn either clockwise or anti-clockwise. I don't want to force it and ruin the head of the screw, it's that tight.

Has anybody else had this problem or just me? Will I have to get them changed for a new set?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 4:11 Quote
Yes, I have had, or should I say have, this exact issue with one of my levers straight of the box. Absolutely nothing will get it too budge! Given that Shimanos free stroke is kind of well known for doing not a lot, I've just left it as is. The other levers free stroke screws moves easily enough, but I can't really tell if it's making a difference.

Posted: May 5, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
Hi thanks for the info Kiwiplague.

I have now managed to get them free, they were wound all the way in and really tight. Nearly ruined both screws, may replace them if possible.

In regards to them doing nothing. I have a feeling that if they are re-bled with the screw all the way out to minimum they would work as intended. I will keep you posted if I decide to do this. As it stands I haven't even burned/bedded them in yet! Looking forward to that as they already feel way better than my previous set up (Clarks S2's) I was on a tight budget before. Not so much now. Big Grin

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009212
Mobile Version of Website