Why do so many BMXers not where helmets?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Why do so many BMXers not where helmets?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:10 Quote
I was just watching a few bmx videos and noticed that the majority of them didnt wear helmets, but pretty much all the mountain bikers in videos, why do mtbers wear them and bmxers dont, i know there is the image thing, but why did mtbers not go the same way?

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
2 word; personal preference

[/thread]

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
lifestyle.

bmx

tight jeans
indy rock
no helmets

mtb

full gear

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:

[/thread]

true tup

i'm a mtber and i wear a helmet for a few months, than i don't wear a helmet a few months.... Razz

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
BMX'ers hate everything and are too cool for anything!

(in my experience)

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
My confidence turns to poo if i dont where a helmet Smile

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:18 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:

[/thread]

nothing else needs to be said.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:25 Quote
yah I think it is a personal prefernce... sometimes, you get to the pont where "hmmm I think I am just not wearing one today" when you're pulling new stuff it's always a "good idea" though... to wear one I mean... when I ride street I hardly ever wear a lid(I still do when my kids ride with me though) helmat advocate(do as I do)kinda thing... I never let them see me W/O a lid

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
i agree personal preference and its not just bmxers i only just started wearing one because ive hit my head once and it hurt lol.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
.....So your friends don't wear helmets cause its not cool, or cause a few pro's don't ride helments and you want to be as foolish as them.
And then one day your riding along with your buddies and slip the pedals on a manual, or a stall or go over the bars and hit the back of your head off a kerb maybe a square edge or the floor.
You smash the back of your head in on the floor. Your friends ring an ambulance. Your on a life support machine in hospital with swelling or bruising of the brain. All your family are around you with the hear rate monitor beeping at your side. Your brain is still swelling up, prevents blood with oxygen entering the tissues - and you die right there - in a hospital bed.
Dead as in no more biking, no more fun. Your parents are heartbroken, all your friends are devestated, everyone you have ever known will be upset. You will have destroyed the lives of at least 5 people for months if not years to come.

wow what a great idea that turned out to be. If you don't wear a helmet your an idiot.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
why are you concerned for other peoples melons, when they obviously aernt?

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
Have you ever seen one of your friends die after being run over by a van? I have. Apparenly it would have made no difference even if he was wearing a helmet. But still, he might have had a chance.
It was the worst day of my entire life. And thats why I care about other people.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
DMerritt wrote:
why are you concerned for other peoples melons, when they obviously aernt?

because with the canadian health care system, we all pay for idiots with brain injuries

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:54 Quote
i do but not a full face only a pisspot

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 9:55 Quote
pffft... every one knows that wearing a helmet is a fashion faux pas.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009814
Mobile Version of Website