Pinkbike/ Google advertising

PB Forum :: Computers, Games & Technology
Pinkbike/ Google advertising
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
Is it just me or has the "ads by google" kinda started to take over the site? like when looking at pics etc?
just wanted to see what people thought...

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
Get fire fox, I don't see any ads.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
--aaron-- wrote:

i've got firefox

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:24 Quote
ive also been noticing more and more ads from google here on pinkbike , it seems to be taking over pages like on photos like you said and a couple other places i cant rember... i likd it the way it was when there was a minimum amout of ads on here

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:26 Quote
yeah, that's exactly what i mean.
like now when you link up onto the photo main page, there's a big advert between recent uploads and recent favourites.
i can understand that advertising might make the PB guys a bit of spare $$$ but this is a bike website!

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
yah they could at least put that one at the bottom of the page or something not stuck in between everything..

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
those are really the only places ive noticed it tho but i really hate the ones when your viewing a picture.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
xlr8- wrote:
ive also been noticing more and more ads from google here on pinkbike , it seems to be taking over pages like on photos like you said and a couple other places i cant rember... i likd it the way it was when there was a minimum amout of ads on here
google pays pinkbike to have ads, which in turn pays the bills for all the servers they are running, so ads? or no pinkbike? stop wining.

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
it was just fine the way it was yesterday lol, but its kinda gone to far and i see ads everywere !

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
xlr8- wrote:
google pays pinkbike to have ads, which in turn pays the bills for all the servers they are running, so ads? or no pinkbike? stop wining.
xlr8-, i repeat. ads, or no pinkbike, its just the ways it is with the increased traffic

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
xlr8- wrote:
xlr8-, i repeat. ads, or no pinkbike, its just the ways it is with the increased traffic
well -jumpstyle- you know you can use my real name on the forums.. and well yah but.. i guess ur right...w.e lol

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
they could probly find some more convineint places to put them

Posted: Feb 4, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
bender wrote:
--aaron-- wrote:

i've got firefox

Then install a ad blocker, That's the whole point of firefox is to be able to install ad ons, and customize it.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
-jumpstyle- wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
xlr8- wrote:
-jumpstyle- is right, it's either Pinkbike or no ads. As for more convenient places to place them: more convenient means less in the way, right? Which means less clicks, less hits on those pages, less money, and so not enough to cover bills. Smile

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
gabor wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:

-jumpstyle- is right, it's either Pinkbike or no ads. As for more convenient places to place them: more convenient means less in the way, right? Which means less clicks, less hits on those pages, less money, and so not enough to cover bills. Smile
thank you gabor Salute

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010237
Mobile Version of Website