Bronson V2 sizing help?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V2 sizing help?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 15:46 Quote
Anyone who can give some input on frame size regarding the Bronson V2?

I'm 5'10" and currently leaning towards a large frame. I hope to demo the bike soon to get a better feel, but any input is much appreciated.

Have previously been on a medium sized 26'wheel SC bike which felt a bit small, but as its an older model with a different geometry, I'm not sure whether or not I can assume I need to go a size up.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
A-Bang wrote:

I'm 5'10" and currently leaning towards a large frame. I hope to demo the bike soon to get a better feel, but any input is much appreciated.

Have previously been on a medium sized 26'wheel SC bike which felt a bit small, but as its an older model with a different geometry, I'm not sure whether or not I can assume I need to go a size up.

Cheers
On the new-gen bikes, I personally run a M as a 5'10" guy, where on the previous gen it was a tossup, they've definitely lengthened out the cockpits on the new bikes. Try both, if you can.

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 17:51 Quote
A-Bang wrote:

Cheers
Hi , I think you really want to go check the two sizes out , checking body position while trying different dropper hight . Try out two frame sizes with the right 50 mm stem and 780/800 bar combo as that what the bike is designed around . Im 5`8 I ride a medium V 10 and its fits like a glove , I just bought a medium Bronson CC Xo1 build check the bars , stem length on the build so you can understand were Im coming from > . The V10 medium is for 5.8 sizing , now when I slam the dropper post on the medium bronson the reach/bike feels pretty similar to my v 10 . As I raise the dropper the cockpit dose become longer . I have the seat maxed out on the rails as far back as it can go and the bike feels perfect but if the frame was any smaller it would be too small with the 50 mm stem .

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 8:30 Quote
I'd go Large for sure on this at your height.

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
just bought an XL, im 6'1". feels great but I do notice the extra wheelbase in the steep downhill switchbacks compared to my old stumpy. was having a tough time deciding but I ran into this guy who fits bikes for a living and he said XL no question.

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 8:15 Quote
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! I'll definitely give both sizes a try before committing to the purchase.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 2:49 Quote
A-Bang wrote:
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated! I'll definitely give both sizes a try before committing to the purchase.
Large for sure , after a few rides on my medium at 5'8 , Its a glove .

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 7:21 Quote
I would go for a large too. I'm 5'9" and I'm riding the large-feels spot on.

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 3:46 Quote
I'm 6' with long ish inside leg, I went for the L and it feels pretty good, I would try both but they are on the small side anyway.

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 22:23 Quote
I rode both large and medium 2017 Bronson's. I'm right at 5'91/2" to 5'10" with shoes on, I felt the large frame top tube reach a wee bit long, reach was nice and roomy, but I had to slam the 150mm dropper all the way down in the seat tube just to reach the pedals comfortably. When I rode the medium I was surprised as to how roomy it felt. I came off a 2016 trek remedy 18.5" 27.5 which fit me, but needed a bit more reach, top tube was good though on it! Very clickable, I did the math on the large and I would prefer a 125mm dropper on it and the stem is 35mm stock. The medium Bronson felt spot on. Like something I could drop the post dropper down and drop straight down a big ledge without the pogo tip over feel of my old 18.5" trek remedy I had. I feel confident buying a medium to 5'10". My reach is 29" with a inseam of 31" I feel the medium is quicker and very slack, surprisingly big.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
Hi Guys,
I'm undecided between the extra Large Bronson and the Large!
I Would be setting up the cockpit with a nice short 50mm raceface atlas stem followed up with the raceface sixc carbon bars at 785mm wide.
I'm 5ft 11'/6ft and not sure whether to run the smaller large frame or go for the xl.
I would think the large would be great for the descents being smaller but the on the other hand the xl would be great for the long fire road climbs.
What are your guys thoughts?

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 15:02 Quote
StuffyStuffRoss98 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I Would be setting up the cockpit with a nice short 50mm raceface atlas stem followed up with the raceface sixc carbon bars at 785mm wide.
I'm 5ft 11'/6ft and not sure whether to run the smaller large frame or go for the xl.
I would think the large would be great for the descents being smaller but the on the other hand the xl would be great for the long fire road climbs.
Large frame for sure . The bike is specked with a 50 mm stem and 800 bar . The frame is the new geo .

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
StuffyStuffRoss98 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a large nomad at 5'11", wouldn't want to go any longer. 50mm stem and 770mm bars over here.

Posted: Aug 31, 2016 at 22:36 Quote
Thanks for the help!
Right now I ride a 2014 lapierre zesty in large which comes up to be a tiny bit bigger than the bronson!
The bronson frame would be the 2016 c frame. Looking between both the sizes (L and XL) there seems to be a pretty big jump in geometry and size.
Josh bryceland for example is 6 foot 3' and he rides a bronson in size Large!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013328
Mobile Version of Website