Powered by Outside

Is my fork normal??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Is my fork normal??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
It's kind of hard to explain but my 32 talas ctd evolution doesn't seem flowy and doesn't look satisfying when it compresses. It feels a bit stiff even though I have 25 percent sag.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 19:33 Quote
did it suddenly seem worse or always like this?

FYI you can retrofit the newer Factory and Performance dampers into Evolution forks, so check with Fox.

Posted: Jun 8, 2016 at 21:41 Quote
brianl wrote:

FYI you can retrofit the newer Factory and Performance dampers into Evolution forks, so check with Fox.
Thx so I could go to a fox shop and get new dampers into my fork??

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
smileyfruit wrote:
brianl wrote:

Yes, you could start by going to a bike shop that sells Fox forks, tell them what year and model fork you have, and ask about the damper upgrade. It may only cost you $100-200 and will make a huge difference to a Fox Evolution fork.
This discussion may give you more info:
http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/fox-fit-2015-damper-upgrade-vs-new-fork-worth-941042.html

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 19:45 Quote
brianl wrote:
smileyfruit wrote:
brianl wrote:

Yes, you could start by going to a bike shop that sells Fox forks, tell them what year and model fork you have, and ask about the damper upgrade. It may only cost you $100-200 and will make a huge difference to a Fox Evolution fork.
This discussion may give you more info:
http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/fox-fit-2015-damper-upgrade-vs-new-fork-worth-941042.html

So could I kashima coat it as well?? Thx

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 19:56 Quote
Only by buying a new CSU, which is not cheap. The performance gains from the kashima coating are going to be negligible compared to what upgrading the damper will get you.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 11:38 Quote
If you're getting the damper upgrade, it's worth checking the cost of the air spring upgrade also, better to spend your money there than for the kashima uppers.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011516
Mobile Version of Website