Need help on shock and fork selection for my Stumpy

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Need help on shock and fork selection for my Stumpy
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 13:22 Quote
Hello, I recently got a 2015 stump jumper fsr 650b comp. I got the comp model with changing out parts in mind and to have it as my experiment bike. I want to replace the front fork and rear shock. Can anyone suggest a rear shock? also should I get a fox 34 or a 36?

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 17:07 Quote
I'd consider the dvo diamond and, when it comes ou for the fsr linkage, the dvo topaz. I own a diamond and rides super plush and stout. The topaz prototype for the fsr link seems to work extremely well too.

Just my thoughts

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 17:42 Quote
I took arrival of a Stumpjumper comp carbon 6Fattie on Saturday.

I will eventually be changing out the rear shock to a fox float x or a monarch plus in the future by using a bike yoke linkage mount.

The bike yoke changes the Specialized shock mount to a conventional standard mount the most use.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
Lucas-Ault wrote:
I'd consider the dvo diamond and, when it comes ou for the fsr linkage, the dvo topaz. I own a diamond and rides super plush and stout. The topaz prototype for the fsr link seems to work extremely well too.

Just my thoughts
Another vote for the DVO, super smooth and sensitive off the top and can be tuned for any riding style

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 5:24 Quote
Cane Creek will build you a DB Inline if you contact them, but DVO does sound really good also. I recently test rode a 2016 Stumpy FSR 29 Carbon Expert and the shock tune was miles ahead of my 2014 Stumpy FSR Comp 29. Might be worth looking into swapping it for a fox kashima shock. Rockshox also offers monarchs and I think monarch pluses for the stumpys as well.

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
I checked out the bike yolk and I think I'll go that route with a cane creek Db or a fox float X. For the front shock should I get a fox 34 or 36?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009796
Mobile Version of Website