Help with my 303 build

PB Forum :: Downhill
Help with my 303 build
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 16:56 Quote
sherbet wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
sherbet wrote:

$150 for it, too. Waste of money. I'd say more like, SGD Bel-Air. Weighs about the same, way cheaper.

not as sexy or rare though

Well, I'd rather have an intelligent part on my bike than a sexy/rare part that doesn't help any more.

how is this part unintelligent? it still has performance as far as weight is concerned. and there is nothing wrong with having parts that look good, or that are exotic. and its only $75 on blue sky cycling

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
jfk1700 wrote:
I will be riding a 07 303 for the 08 season. There is a pretty good amount of snow here so I haven't got a chance to take it for a spin yet but, as everyone is probably well aware of, the 303 is on the heavier side. I transferred all the parts from an old frame of mine and right now it weighs in around 44, which isnt too bad. However, I do want to do some work to lighten it up a bit so I was seeing if you guys had any reccomendations. If you don't like it (I am pretty sure some of you aren't particularly fond of the 303) just don't post. Thanks.

07 303 frame
DT Swiss FR 6.1D rims
DT Swiss FR 440 hubs
RF Evolve DH bars
Juicy 7's
Maxxis DHf 3c 2.5 in front and rear
08 Gamut P40 chainguide
Fox 40
RF Evolve DH cranks
Syncros Pedals
CC Headset

photo

Hey, i was just wondering how much a Yeti 303 Frame weighs with the shock? and this is sorta off topic but does anyone know the weight of the giant glory aswell.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
how is this part unintelligent? it still has performance as far as weight is concerned. and there is nothing wrong with having parts that look good, or that are exotic. and its only $75 on blue sky cycling

Because an SDG seat and seatpost combo cost less than a comparable seat post and tiogo seat combo. And not by a little.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
^^^Sorry man I didn't weigh it with the shock..but someone else might know off hand.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
jfk1700 wrote:
^^^Sorry man I didn't weigh it with the shock..but someone else might know off hand.

It's 12.5 with DHX 5.0, I believe.

O+
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
sherbet wrote:
jfk1700 wrote:

It's 12.5 with DHX 5.0, I believe.

got it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
sherbet wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

Because an SDG seat and seatpost combo cost less than a comparable seat post and tiogo seat combo. And not by a little.

your telling me a $20-30 difference is a lot. id rather have nicer components by paying a little more, iam not saying the sdg is crap, but in order to have that saddle you need the post, most guys dont go and buy a new seat post for their new tioga seats. you can just use one already on your bike. so technically it wouldnt cost more.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
get some holzfeller OCT's and some carbon bars if you're looking for weight savings. you could try a ti spring as well.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
sherbet wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

your telling me a $20-30 difference is a lot. id rather have nicer components by paying a little more, iam not saying the sdg is crap, but in order to have that saddle you need the post, most guys dont go and buy a new seat post for their new tioga seats. you can just use one already on your bike. so technically it wouldnt cost more.

Alright, I've got quotes from mags saying the seat is $150, so uhm, little more that $20-30. And the SDG is still lighter.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
get a 185 in the back, carbon levers, and go tubeless, that could save weight

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
sherbet wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Alright, I've got quotes from mags saying the seat is $150, so uhm, little more that $20-30. And the SDG is still lighter.

the sdg is not lighter. ok and thats msrp blue sky is much cheaper, almost by half....

http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1879_46_-Tioga-Spyder-Saddle.htm

its not like people actually pay full price for everything.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
Cycle Solutions in the Beaches Toronto, got mine for $120. Must have been lucky, I have one of the early black ones, and with the exception of the pink rubber things on the back falling off my Spider is fantastic. Everyone seems to like the looks, but unless you have a fat ass (me) or wear a shami (sp?) they aren't very comfy.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
foxmtbing wrote:
sherbet wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:

the sdg is not lighter. ok and thats msrp blue sky is much cheaper, almost by half....

http://www.blueskycycling.com/product1879_46_-Tioga-Spyder-Saddle.htm

its not like people actually pay full price for everything.

Uhm, yeah, it is. When weighed, not by tioga, the seat is more like, 190.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
Spider is 157 grams (the old black one). The white one will weigh more, Sherbet your prolly right on the 190.

http://www.sicklines.com/weights/saddles

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
I dont know if anyone has said this already but putting in some xc tubes will lighten it up a lot. You already have dh tires so you don't need dh tunbes as well. Bikes looking good.Cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012766
Mobile Version of Website