What size Bronson should I get?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What size Bronson should I get?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a new Bronson and I'm debating what size to get. I'm 6' 1", so I straddle both a large and XL according to their size chart. A recent shop I visited while on vacation had a large in stock that felt good sitting on it on the showroom floor. I used to go own a bullet, heckler, chameleon and VP free back in the day and they were all larges, but my local shop that I plan to buy from is strongly urging me to buy an XL saying that the Santa Cruz sizing now tends to run smaller than they used to. My riding plans to be 90% trails with some occasional tame DH at some local resorts. I realize that the easy answer is to ride both sizes and see what feels better, but unfortunately there are no demos in e area.

Thanks,
Tim

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 1:59 Quote
I would without question go for the XL. I'm 6'2" and have a XL Kona process with a 485mm reach and I wouldn't want to go down to a large. An XL bronson has a 475mm reach so is slightly shorter so I think It would be a perfect fit for you, but this is just my preference...

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 3:43 Quote
orangenut wrote:
I would without question go for the XL. I'm 6'2" and have a XL Kona process with a 485mm reach and I wouldn't want to go down to a large. An XL bronson has a 475mm reach so is slightly shorter so I think It would be a perfect fit for you, but this is just my preference...

Thanks for your feedback. I found some other forums that echo your suggestion.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009247
Mobile Version of Website