Any Night Riders Here?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Any Night Riders Here?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 15:03 Quote
I haven't seen any threads on night riding and lights been used. With it getting dark now at 8:30 in my neck of the woods, my buddies and i are starting to plan our first night ride of the season.

Any others here that don't let the cold dark months of fall and winter stop you from throwing on the lights and enjoying a whole different mountain biking experience?

What lighting gear do you use, and how long have you been night riding?

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 20:24 Quote
ey, I'm sarting to think about a light. Last year i saw 2-3 riders going in the woods as we were heading out cause it was getting dark in late september and they told us its really cool. I guess its more fun when you know the trail pretty well.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 9:31 Quote
I do many times night riding, specially when i go Home from My percussion band training, and its over the town..

and sometimes i excercise at the night to the rocky garden jungle camping ground, its very exciting!

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 9:55 Quote
reyahc99 wrote:
ey, I'm sarting to think about a light. Last year i saw 2-3 riders going in the woods as we were heading out cause it was getting dark in late september and they told us its really cool. I guess its more fun when you know the trail pretty well.

You dont have to know the trail that well as long as your not getting in over your head to have a blast. In fact years ago when i started night riding,,, a bonus was the fact that i found myself improving on technical sections better than those sections in the daytime. At night you just focus what's in your beam pattern and ride (that) section. For me the less thinking i do the better rider i am, i just rely on reactions and dont over think.

If you use (good) quality lights and powerful,,, you can ride the same speed and trail difficulty at night as in the day. I was hooked the first time my buddy took me out seven years ago. It really is a whole different experience.

I've bought and sold about fifteen different sets of high quality lights over the years and am now using the best of the best as i ride all winter long mostly solo with lots of dangerous wildlife to deal with. So i need a ton of light to help me feel a bit safer.

I've done quite a few reviews on different lights and company's over the years, so if you ever want any advice when the time comes feel free to ask.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 19:13 Quote
I would like to try that! like you said must be a really cool and different kind of riding!

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 19:18 Quote
wow! I really want to try it, i'm gonna be able to ride way more after work during the autumn.
I'm gonna start to look at lights in a couple of weeks but need to find buddies to ride during autumn evenings!
I let you know when i'll shop for one for sure!

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 22:20 Quote
Yes thats also another HUGE!! bonus been able to ride when you get home from work whenever you want (weather permitting) Where as before my buddy took me out for my first night ride,,,,, it didn't even cross my mind that i could go mountain biking in the dark. It really is awesome and you will know right away if it will be a new part of your life.

Note: anyone considering giving this a try,, i would recommend getting lights soon. In a few more weeks when night riding season really ramps up supply on the good stuff will probably sell out and you may end up waiting many more weeks for the next batch.

I would not recommend getting the really cheap stuff as there are way to many risks of those products failing, not to mention their advertised outputs and run times will be way less than advertised.

Just so everyone is aware,,,, i am not representing any company's products as a spammer. I just love night riding and want to share the experience i have with all of you. So i will recommend products that are of good quality based on my own use and the use of others who's opinion i trust. I will include if asked where these different products were purchased as there are many different brands and vendors.

If anyone has any questions about a brand of light your looking at feel free to ask and i'll give you as much information as i can about that product. If you want a recommendation from myself i will need your budget, length of your rides, and the type of riding you do. I strongly recommend using two lights,helmet/bars. Trust me when i say you do not want your (only)light to fail out in the middle of the forest, nor do you want your (only) light to fail in a technical section of trail as that may end your riding season. So when budgeting keep that in mind.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017991
Mobile Version of Website