Youth Indoor Park/Hangout Center.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Youth Indoor Park/Hangout Center.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
Ok, well I'm trying to get a indoor park and a city youth council is trying to get a youth hangout area and park. But I have most of the park stuff handled and the city youth councilor want's me to join up with them. And I am going to as it will give us a better chance of getting it. What should the park and hang out have? A foam pit? Resi ramp? Cafe type thing? What? I am wanting your opinions. I'm a youth and you guys are too, well most of you are or just act like em. So you guys would be like the people to use it, and thats who we are trying to target. We really want your ideas, well I do to give them better info. And ideas and links would help. I know about woodward and Ray's Indoor.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
updates here Please check our wish list!!! and add anything you would like to see in the comments section and I'll add to the list.

http://greasemonkeys.pinkbike.com/blog/indoorbike.html

dotca wrote:
Ok, well I'm trying to get a indoor park and a city youth council is trying to get a youth hangout area and park. But I have most of the park stuff handled and the city youth councilor want's me to join up with them. And I am going to as it will give us a better chance of getting it. What should the park and hang out have? A foam pit? Resi ramp? Cafe type thing? What? I am wanting your opinions. I'm a youth and you guys are too, well most of you are or just act like em. So you guys would be like the people to use it, and thats who we are trying to target. We really want your ideas, well I do to give them better info. And ideas and links would help. I know about woodward and Ray's Indoor.

Foam pit for sure
Some type of wooden tables or trick jumps
Some vert
Observation deck, possible with concession/small food place
-it would be free to go to concession and observation deck; to go though to the park you would have to pay

links:
information on the Air Dome can be found at: http://www.whistlerbike.com/information/airdome/index.htm
Information on Ray's Indoor MTB can be found at: http://www.raysmtb.com
Information on city of Nelson, B.C.'s Indoor Skate Park: http://www.ndyc.com/park.html

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:01 Quote
okay well here are some of my ideas /.... a roam pit would be great the cafiteria shouldent be to big maybe like a jave hut and make a set of box jumps and the hang out area should gave a pool table and maybe some archade games and couches

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
anthonybmxer wrote:
okay well here are some of my ideas /.... a roam pit would be great the cafiteria shouldent be to big maybe like a jave hut and make a set of box jumps and the hang out area should gave a pool table and maybe some archade games and couches

haha couches yaa!! thats a really good idea

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
Foam pit, Box jumps, vert, viewing deck,jave hut, pool tables, couches,arcade games, plants, pictures of people on the walla most likley locals!~

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
greasemonkeys wrote:
dotca wrote:

Foam pit for sure
Some type of wooden tables or trick jumps
Some vert
Observation deck, possible with concession/small food place
-it would be free to go to concession and observation deck; to go though to the park you would have to pay
links:
information on the Air Dome can be found at: http://www.whistlerbike.com/information/airdome/index.htm
Information on Ray's Indoor MTB can be found at: http://www.raysmtb.com
Information on city of Nelson, B.C.'s Indoor Skate Park: http://www.ndyc.com/park.html

Lol, I know about those links. As stated above, I know about those parks. And think for more about the lounge type area as Surrey's Youth Council wants it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
it should be like an observation deck so that you can see the whole place

it would be free to go to the observation deck (ie you have to sign the waiver to go to the park or you could just go to the lounge/observation area w/out signing anything)

couches would be cool but its almost asking too much, comfy chairs would be cool

it should have a little java hut, almost like the coffee place that they have in sungod but vending machines would suffice cause the companies would provide funding to have their machines there
-sports drinks and water, not pop

need bike/bag storage

we'd probably do a wristband thing like swimming pools

in the lounge there should be tvs playing bike movies and such
and a big stereo system for killer tunes

**i'll add more later

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
and maybe a small pump cource wooden ans some shore type stuff for mtbers

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
also we gotta have a place to put are bikes and bags so lockers like at the pool and maybe bike racks that you put 1$ in and you can lock up your bike?

anthonybmxer wrote:
and maybe a small pump cource wooden ans some shore type stuff for mtbers
yes thats good too but it depends on the size of the place that we get, if its small, we have a foam pit and some wood jumps (spines and tables) to work on with the same lip as the foam pit and possible some vert and street

if its big we could include more of that stuff like shore and pump tracks

anthonybmxer wrote:
also we gotta have a place to put are bikes and bags so lockers like at the pool and maybe bike racks that you put 1$ in and you can lock up your bike?

haha i put that in mine already ^^

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
greasemonkeys wrote:
it should be like an observation deck so that you can see the whole place

it would be free to go to the observation deck (ie you have to sign the waiver to go to the park or you could just go to the lounge/observation area w/out signing anything)
c
ouches would be cool but its almost asking too much, comfy chairs would be cool

it should have a little java hut, almost like the coffee place that they have in sungod but vending machines would suffice cause the companies would provide funding to have their machines there
-sports drinks and water, not pop

need bike/bag storage

i'll add more later

Ok, and yes pop. Just don't allow food and pop in park. Only water in the park, sticky substances are not good if they get spilled in a park. I know a tv and surrond sound and have movie nights would be dope. Also you done the power point? If you could include a slide about how the city doesn't have to pay for insurance as they make people sign their live away with a waiver.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
well yeah just saying i agree

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
Ok, and yes pop. Just don't allow food and pop in park. Only water in the park, sticky substances are not good if they get spilled in a park. I know a tv and surrond sound and have movie nights would be dope. Also you done the power point? If you could include a slide about how the city doesn't have to pay for insurance as they make people sign their live away with a waiver.[/Quote]

way ahead of you (about the signing waivers)! and no i'm not done, i need pics to make it look nice but i sill have ltos of time to finish

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
why dont we make a video about why the city should make it?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047265
Mobile Version of Website