Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 0:18 Quote
Wilson-169 wrote:
Hey guys, just ordered my sender and stressing on the size! I'm 180cm so smack between the medium and large.. I've gone for medium because I like the thought of being able to throw it around but I've never sat on one! Anyone got any advice on best option if you're smack in the middle! I could hopefully swap my order if needed before it's despatched!
It's all about personal preferences. I'm changing my frame only because of the reach (currently on 425mm reach and feels incredible tight some times). I'm 184 cm, and I have ordered an XL. If I were you, I would have ordered the L and even think about the XL. But once again it is all about personal preferences. I just got fed up of riding with the most compact position on the bike.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 3:01 Quote
http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/size-matters-why-were-all-riding-bikes-that-are-too-small-321374

Interesting read on what size you should be ordering

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
What would everyone recommend.. I have the choice between the standard air shock or a coil DHX2 which I recent bought for my old bike? What would people say the pros and cons of both would be?

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 14:03 Quote
Wilson-169 wrote:
What would everyone recommend.. I have the choice between the standard air shock or a coil DHX2 which I recent bought for my old bike? What would people say the pros and cons of both would be?

Dhx2. I put one on mine and it makes it feel like a different bike

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 14:29 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
Wilson-169 wrote:
Hey guys, just ordered my sender and stressing on the size! I'm 180cm so smack between the medium and large.. I've gone for medium because I like the thought of being able to throw it around but I've never sat on one! Anyone got any advice on best option if you're smack in the middle! I could hopefully swap my order if needed before it's despatched!
It's all about personal preferences. I'm changing my frame only because of the reach (currently on 425mm reach and feels incredible tight some times). I'm 184 cm, and I have ordered an XL. If I were you, I would have ordered the L and even think about the XL. But once again it is all about personal preferences. I just got fed up of riding with the most compact position on the bike.

Lol..i`m 1.84 and the L size matches perfect!

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 9:18 Quote
Considering buying a sender in the next few days. How long has delivery taken for people in UK. Bikes in stock on the website.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 10:13 Quote
milky24 wrote:
Considering buying a sender in the next few days. How long has delivery taken for people in UK. Bikes in stock on the website.
For me it was a month between putting in the order and getting delivery.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 11:21 Quote
Even with the bike in stock.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
milky24 wrote:
Even with the bike in stock.
yes but this was just after the fox X2 service fix so they were in hot demand I guess.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 18:29 Quote
1 week from order to Australia

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 0:55 Quote
Got an email yesterday. 2weeks from order. At 180cm am stuck between medium and large. I've always went for medium frames. My last one was a 2013 giant glory. Unsure what to go for with the canyon.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
I am currently considering to buy the Sender in size XL. I have read that some people are having problems with play in the MX link and wear at the bushings and axles. What are your expiriences thus far?
The thing is I really like the bike regarding the geometry and suspension curves, but I am not too sure about the wear particularly in the MX link as the construction seems to be a bit flimsy.
I'd love to get your input and maybe some detailled pictures.

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 10:02 Quote
Monarch87 wrote:
I am currently considering to buy the Sender in size XL. I have read that some people are having problems with play in the MX link and wear at the bushings and axles. What are your expiriences thus far?
The thing is I really like the bike regarding the geometry and suspension curves, but I am not too sure about the wear particularly in the MX link as the construction seems to be a bit flimsy.
mine has play in the mx link and I've just got an email back from canyon saying they want me to send the bike back to the UK service center! Frown

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 10:20 Quote
IDHI wrote:
Monarch87 wrote:
mine has play in the mx link and I've just got an email back from canyon saying they want me to send the bike back to the UK service center! Frown

Sorry to hear that. Where do you have play exactly?

Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Monarch87 wrote:

After 2 years of intense abuse in bikeparks i have a little play in the mx bushinngs, no worries, it doesn't afect the bine and they will be changed by canyon in autum when i`ll send the bike for a complete makeover.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013035
Mobile Version of Website