YT Jeffsy sizing

PB Forum :: Other
YT Jeffsy sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
Looking for a bit of help, I'm hoping to buy a YT Jeffsy and trying to decide on sizing.

I'm 5'9" tall and inside leg 31" (I think). YT suggest a large for my height, but the overlap from medium to large is only at 5'8". I'm wondering if this would put the bike on the large size and potentially take some of the fun/agility out of it?

Anyone my height already made taken the plunge? Thoughts please.

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 23:38 Quote
I'm not able to comment on how the bike feels - I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, however I agonised over the sizing as I'm not too far of your height and inseam. In the end someone pointed out on the Jeffsy owners thread that the large, with the seat post slammed measures 690mm from centre of bottom bracket to the seat rails. When checking this against my other bike, the large would be too big. It could have been circumvented by using a 125mm dropper, but I like the idea of a 150mm dropper. So to cut a long story short, I bought the medium. I would however have liked a little more reach than the medium offers, but time will tell once I get to sit on the bike! Have a look for the Jeffsy owners thread, I found it very informative in making my decision, as well as YTs current offer on the bike!

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 3:02 Quote
Ebharvey; thank you for that, I'll take another look at the figures. I too have spotted the offer, trying to get sorted to take advantage of it. Any idea how long it's on for?

Posted: Sep 10, 2016 at 8:50 Quote
RCopp wrote:
Ebharvey; thank you for that, I'll take another look at the figures. I too have spotted the offer, trying to get sorted to take advantage of it. Any idea how long it's on for?

I'm not entirely sure, I would imagine they're out to clear the stock. I note the large CF pro in red is now out of stock - if that is indicative of anything....

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 0:01 Quote
ebharvey wrote:
I'm not able to comment on how the bike feels - I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, however I agonised over the sizing as I'm not too far of your height and inseam. In the end someone pointed out on the Jeffsy owners thread that the large, with the seat post slammed measures 690mm from centre of bottom bracket to the seat rails. When checking this against my other bike, the large would be too big. It could have been circumvented by using a 125mm dropper, but I like the idea of a 150mm dropper. So to cut a long story short, I bought the medium. I would however have liked a little more reach than the medium offers, but time will tell once I get to sit on the bike! Have a look for the Jeffsy owners thread, I found it very informative in making my decision, as well as YTs current offer on the bike!

Hi ,
Looking at a going for a medium 275 jeffsy,been struggling with the sizing Frown
Being 5,6" I'm at the top end of the small and beginning of the medium, and just wondering how it worked out for you with the medium frame ?
I'm used to a 26" cotic soul small frame , probably going to go for a medium, but any info would be much appreciated

Paul

Posted: Aug 20, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Paulh110 wrote:
ebharvey wrote:

Hi ,
Looking at a going for a medium 275 jeffsy,been struggling with the sizing Frown
Being 5,6" I'm at the top end of the small and beginning of the medium, and just wondering how it worked out for you with the medium frame ?
I'm used to a 26" cotic soul small frame , probably going to go for a medium, but any info would be much appreciated

Paul

Hi Paul,

The medium has worked out well, I'm a smidge over 5'9" and have about 30mm of the dropper showing. The reach could be longer, but I believe the 27.5 Jeffsy is longer in the reach. The biggest issue you may have is the length of the seat tube , I'd have liked the large, but the seat tube would've been too big. Might be worthwhile asking in the Jeffsy owners thread as someone of similar size may have some better insight.

Cheers,
Euan

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 18:21 Quote
i called YT and they were really helpful. I am 6'1" with a inseam of 31. I was in between L, and XL. They said L. They said the 27.5 and 29 have different length seat tubes. They said the 27.5 might fit me better.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
Just got my new 2018 Jeffsy 27. I am 5'10" and have a 31" inseam. I went with a medium and it is perfect. The dropper is slammed all the way to the collar to get proper saddle height when fully extended. A large would have been too big due to my short legs.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
my 29er L fits me perfectly. I am 6'1" with a 33 inseam. Dropper is only sticking out 2".

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
Jeffsy 29 Medium 150mm Fox Transfer / 5’8” (1,74m) w/ 30” (76cm) of inseam and the dropper post is all the way down to the clamp for a perfect fit. So anyone under 30” inseam might need a 125mm dropper post! :-(

Posted: Apr 22, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
antoinev wrote:
Jeffsy 29 Medium 150mm Fox Transfer / 5’8” (1,74m) w/ 30” (76cm) of inseam and the dropper post is all the way down to the clamp for a perfect fit. So anyone under 30” inseam might need a 125mm dropper post! :-(

Hi - really want a jeffsy and I’m prettty much same height/inside leg as you.

So the post is at its lowest point and when sat in the saddle leg is fully extended or do you mean it is out of the way for descending?

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
Mlewis1 wrote:
antoinev wrote:

Hi - really want a jeffsy and I’m prettty much same height/inside leg as you.

So the post is at its lowest point and when sat in the saddle leg is fully extended or do you mean it is out of the way for descending?

Cheers.

I am pretty sure he meant that the fixed part of the post is inserted as far as it can go and clamped in and gives him a perfect seated pedaling saddle height when the dropper part of the post is all the way up.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011159
Mobile Version of Website