DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:12 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
finalgear wrote:
Cybernation wrote:

Ok give us a call and mention that your having the issue again, ask for ronnie and talk to him and see what he says.

So when I go to check sag and I get on bike and get into attack position like how I’d ride on the trail and the fork doesn’t want to compress because of friction, what is going on exactly that causes that?

If the fork has been around the block, new seals/ oil and a general service should take that stiction off the top end. I had the same issue at one point.

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
Started using a DVO Diamond D1 recently.
Impressive stuff, but i am having issues with the OTT!!

I'm 63kg fat only and needs only about 90psi and 2 rounds of OTT to get the fork fully extended.
After a good trail ride, i noticed that my OTT changed from 2 full rounds to 4.5 rounds, and can feel that the fork sinks into its travel too fast!

Anyone has this issue?
Is my OTT broken?

P.S. I always deflate the fork before adjusting the OTT.

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
jojopunani wrote:

I'm 63kg fat only and needs only about 90psi and 2 rounds of OTT to get the fork fully extended.
After a good trail ride, i noticed that my OTT changed from 2 full rounds to 4.5 rounds, and can feel that the fork sinks into its travel too fast!

Anyone has this issue?
Is my OTT broken?

you need around 100-110 psi because at 63kg you should be at 100 psi but riding weight would put you around 110 psi and do 3 rotations of ott

Posted: Apr 12, 2020 at 21:19 Quote
finalgear wrote:
jojopunani wrote:

Anyone has this issue?
Is my OTT broken?

you need around 100-110 psi because at 63kg you should be at 100 psi but riding weight would put you around 110 psi and do 3 rotations of ott

100PSI? That much? I'm already getting loads of support from 90PSI.

Are you also basing this suggestion from the setup guide below?
http://tech.dvosuspension.com/setup/diamond/

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 2:47 Quote
jojopunani wrote:
finalgear wrote:
jojopunani wrote:

Anyone has this issue?
Is my OTT broken?

He works for / owns DVO, he'll have some knowledge on the subject Wink

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 2:50 Quote
guys, bit off topic , but what is the differense in diameter between 27x2.6 and 29x2.2? what is the closest 27.5 tyre to a 29x2.3?

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
jojopunani wrote:
finalgear wrote:
jojopunani wrote:

Anyone has this issue?
Is my OTT broken?

Even the chart says 100psi

Rider Weight Air Pressure
120-139lbs | 54-63kg 90-100psi
You are 139lbs or 63kg and the chart say 100psi that 90psi would only apply if you weighed 120lbs or 54kg but you are not accounting for your riding weight, all your gear helmet gloves tools camelback thats why i said 110 psi unless you ride your bike in the Nude.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 6:06 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
jojopunani wrote:
finalgear wrote:

I definately don't own dvo but i do work for them, i cant imagine the about of stress my boss has to deal with.

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
jojopunani wrote:
finalgear wrote:

I didnt know that!!

Posted: Apr 13, 2020 at 9:09 Quote
finalgear wrote:
jojopunani wrote:
finalgear wrote:

Even the chart says 100psi

Rider Weight Air Pressure
120-139lbs | 54-63kg 90-100psi
You are 139lbs or 63kg and the chart say 100psi that 90psi would only apply if you weighed 120lbs or 54kg but you are not accounting for your riding weight, all your gear helmet gloves tools camelback thats why i said 110 psi unless you ride your bike in the Nude.

That makes sense! Let me give 100Psi a try!

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
Just opened up the box on my fresh Diamond and discovered an issue with the high speed dial. It doesn't click and it takes some serious force to move. The other thread I found asking about this directed me to here. Is there an easy fix for this?

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
Two forks I used a onyx sc and my diamond the same issue, the dealer who currently repairing the onyx under warranty said theirs nothing he can actually do about it

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 1:38 Quote
Same with my onyx. Maybe it us just the fork ????????

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 3:59 Quote
My jade controls do not have indentations either.

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
Maybe he rides nude like final gear does except not with cheeseburger in hand

;-d

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014795
Mobile Version of Website