DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: May 7, 2018 at 12:13 Quote
Heres my Zerode Taniwha with DVO goodie. Recently change the Topez for a Coil stock. EXT Storia Lok

DVO rocks!!
photo
Deity DC31 stealth Carbon bar with Deity Copperhead stem and TRP Q spec
EXT Storia Lok shock with Maxxis 2.6 DHF DHR tires on DT SWISS XM 521 rims

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 6:39 Quote
Hi folks!

Just fit DVO Jade on my Giant Reign '15 and had a riding week on it. Feels great and plush, no problems on drops and landings, but it bottoms out heavily when you take a fast strikes on high speed. Increasing HSC doesn't help it much.

I wonder if I could fix it by changing stock shimstack? To make it more progressive.

Posted: May 8, 2018 at 18:18 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Hi folks!

Just fit DVO Jade on my Giant Reign '15 and had a riding week on it. Feels great and plush, no problems on drops and landings, but it bottoms out heavily when you take a fast strikes on high speed. Increasing HSC doesn't help it much.

I wonder if I could fix it by changing stock shimstack? To make it more progressive.

Whats your weight and whats the weight on the spring?

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 0:44 Quote
finalgear wrote:
sayrius wrote:
Hi folks!

78kg (172lbs) kitted and 450 spring with 30% sag. Also have 500 spring wich gives 25% sag, but it feels too harsh.

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
sayrius wrote:
finalgear wrote:
sayrius wrote:
Hi folks!

78kg (172lbs) kitted and 450 spring with 30% sag. Also have 500 spring wich gives 25% sag, but it feels too harsh.

Ok so run the 500 lb spring and run hs and ls wide open and put 180 psi in the blader.

Posted: May 9, 2018 at 23:48 Quote
francheesy wrote:
photo

>gets DVO fork

> doesnt upgrade pedals

Posted: May 10, 2018 at 0:14 Quote
False wrote:
francheesy wrote:
photo

>gets DVO fork

> doesnt upgrade pedals
Priorities

Posted: May 12, 2018 at 7:35 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
finalgear wrote:
photo

I can't really read it but what is the axle to crown height?

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 22:09 Quote
fredro wrote:
NAHBS 2018 Altruiste s chromoly trail bike is the brand s first offering with rider-forward geometry.
pretty sick right there

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 0:05 Quote
fredro wrote:
NAHBS 2018 Altruiste s chromoly trail bike is the brand s first offering with rider-forward geometry.

Super slick...

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 11:17 Quote
Alright gang of the green!

I'm just wanting to know if DVO forks come with shock pumps in with the box?

Also are they fairly straight forward to set up compared with say BOS?

thanks in advance.
:-)

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

thanks in advance.

Fairly sure they come with a shock pump but don't quote me as my fork and shock were second hand so didn't come with them.

I had DVO Diamonds when I had my nomad, nice and easy to set up, takes a bit of fiddling but doesn't take much to get the sweet spot.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

thanks in advance.

No pump. The only adjustments are air pressure, OTT, rebound, HSC, and LSC so no I don't think they are hard to set up but YMMV.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024069
Mobile Version of Website