Bike park, New rims tubeless and 27.5

PB Forum :: Downhill
Bike park, New rims tubeless and 27.5
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2016 at 19:02 Quote
Hey so I ran mavic 823s tubeless in my 2012 demo and the other day I bought a 2016 demo which is 27.5 so it has the stock wheels. They are new but my rovels on my 2012 lasted like 2 months.

I dislike tubes and much prefer tubeless. I ride a lot of bike park and I'm a big guy 250 lbs without gear, what tubeless setups are people running on bigger wheels?

Posted: Oct 9, 2016 at 19:03 Quote
Meant to post in parts and gear, mods feel free to move thread

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 20:54 Quote
No one runs 27.5 tubeless set ups?

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 6:42 Quote
If your smooth, you can run Stan's Flow Mk3 tubeless for DH. I did this season, but I'd recommend running them at higher PSI . I had to replace a couple but that was mainly due to rider error.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 7:39 Quote
Not really interested in running a rim that can't handle some rider error, being a big guy and I usually have a few 5-10 day long trips to bike parks I don't want to bring 4 sets of wheels I want something that can handle some abuse. I usually bring a spare set if I'm going for longer than a weekend but I haven't had to use my spare yet. Im really looking for something in the mavic 729/823 strength area.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 7:59 Quote
kent wrote:
Not really interested in running a rim that can't handle some rider error, being a big guy and I usually have a few 5-10 day long trips to bike parks I don't want to bring 4 sets of wheels I want something that can handle some abuse. I usually bring a spare set if I'm going for longer than a weekend but I haven't had to use my spare yet. Im really looking for something in the mavic 729/823 strength area.

I hear you, either way I saw a lot of Flow's EX on DH bikes this season. It really depends on what you ride and how aggressive. I was racing them on technical rocky sections where many square hits could take place. Let's put it this way, they took quite a bit of punishment unless it was one of those 'oh sh*t' type of moments where you know exactly what you did to your rim.

Another option might be DT Swiss 570, I think I'm going to try those out next.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030794
Mobile Version of Website