Pushing the Buy It Button - YT Capra AL Comp 1 or KTM Lycan LT 271

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pushing the Buy It Button - YT Capra AL Comp 1 or KTM Lycan LT 271
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 12:23 Quote
Hi Chaps,

I have narrowed my choice of bikes to the following:

YT Capra AL Comp 1 or the KTM Lycan LT 271. I can get the KTM through a friend for the same price as the YT Capra Comp 1....He is connected with KTM and it happens that several of my friends ride them, although several ride YT's... I am looking at this for Enduro riding (taking it to the alps) when I am not using my Yeti SB5c for well, pretty much everything (it's an expensive bit of kit and x3 the price of both of these, so this is a second bike...well a 3rd bike...

I wondered what your thoughts were on spec differences and cold hard value for money etc.

Here is the spec for the KTM and Link:

Shock: Fox Float DPS Perf, LV. EVOL. 3Pos L.
Forks: Fox 36 Talas 27.5-160, FITA 3posL, T, 15x100 KASHIMA
Brakes: Shimano XTR M9020, Rotor 180/180 Freeza
Chainset: SRAM XX1 SL Trigger, SRAM XX1 RD 1x11, SRAM XX1 FC 34T, SRAM XX1 XG1195 10-42
Wheels: KTM-DT Prime ll Trail 27.5" DT / Tubeless & DT Swiss straightpull CL-100/15TA // 142/12
Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf 60-584 TrailStar, Ssk & Schwalbe Rocket Razor 60-584, PaceStar, Ssk
Seatpost: Kindshoc LEV-DX hydr. adj Post 100/125mm / 30.9
Weight: 12.9kg

https://www.ktmbikeindustries.com.au/collections/ktm-lycan-lt/products/lycan-lt-271-22

Here is the spec for the YT and Link:

Shock: ROCKSHOX MONARCH PLUS RC3
Forks: ROCKSHOX LYRIK RCT3 - TRAVEL FRONT/REAR
170MM / 165MM
Brakes: SRAM GUIDE R
Chainset: SHIFTER SRAM GX, REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM GX, CASSETTE SRAM XG 1150 10-42, CRANKSET
RACE FACE TURBINE CINCH 1X11
Wheels: DT SWISS E1900 SPLINE 27,5
Tyres: MAXXIS HIGH ROLLER II
Seatpost: SEATPOST ROCKSHOX REVERB
Weight: 13.9kg

https://www.yt-industries.com/en/detail/index/sArticle/542/sCategory/92

Your advice is appreciated. There are other nuances with the bikes as I am sure you will notice.

My budget works out at around £2.5k, or it did before the bloody £ dropped!

Thanks

Steve

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 19:58 Quote
There are a huge amount of YT fanbois on this site, and not a lot of knowledge on the ktm side of things.

You mention that several of your friends are on ktm and YT, are they good enough friends that they would let you try one of each on the same trail? Then it comes down to which one you like best......

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 20:11 Quote
I'd say the KTM.

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 23:32 Quote
I rode the YT this whole season, and loved it! It's insane on the downhills. Just don't f*ck up the rearshock tho, since its custom made for the Capra. The Monarch doesn't exist in that stroke-lenght on the aftermarket. Mine ended up getting a leak between the chambers, and I had to wait 5 weeks, mid-season, for SRAM to finally give me a replacement shock (Vivid r2c). The Guide R's has a tendency to fade abit on steep and long descends, but nothing drastic.

The only reason I sold it, was because it felt a bit to much like a tank/monstertruck, so now I'm bying a 150/140 trailbike. But since you already have a sb5c I would definitely recommend the Capra.

Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 11:55 Quote
Thanks for the advice....still not pulled the trigger....will do soon Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008479
Mobile Version of Website