Reverb IFP removal

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Reverb IFP removal
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 9:58 Quote
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a reverb A1 service. The IFP has somehow been pushed all the way into the upper post (so cable ties no longer do the trick).

Any tips or tricks on how to get it out (without damaging the internals preferably)?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 11:49 Quote
Remove it with a pick and replace it with the new if (blue one piece)

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/13271373/

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 27, 2016 at 22:02 Quote
dansol wrote:
I use a spoke

Cheers, dansol, good idea!

Tom

Posted: Oct 3, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
dansol wrote:
I use a spoke

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of this. Mine is also stuck and the zip ties are a no go

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
dansol wrote:
I use a spoke

Any other creative ideas?

My one is stuck as well at the complete end of the post, spoke sadly doesn't do the trick.

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
just use an airgun..but be carefull Big Grin tup tup

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 8:48 Quote
poritz wrote:

How?

Should I put the inner tube wrong way in and then pressuring the inner tube with the air gun to pop the ifp out? How do i get the inner tube then out with no hole at the open end? I'm fearing to damage the inner tube.

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
I have successfully removed them with a pick just make sure you get a good purchase on the inner seal. Presumably you will be replacing the ifp with the new blue quad seal anyway. It only has to be pulled up a few mm to get the zip tie heads under.

Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 13:23 Quote
HenRen wrote:
poritz wrote:

How?

Should I put the inner tube wrong way in and then pressuring the inner tube with the air gun to pop the ifp out? How do i get the inner tube then out with no hole at the open end? I'm fearing to damage the inner tube.

Its been a while since I rebuild mine, but thats how i have done it, because I couldn't reach it with the zipties

Posted: Nov 20, 2017 at 9:48 Quote
So to sum it up, for all other future users in need of an advice, the best option is:

Push in the IFP tube the correct orientation to its normal position. Then hold the inner tube (so it doesn't pop out), while slowly pressuring the area behind the ifp with an air pump from the top air valve side. This will push the ifp away from the bottom end. Pull out again the IFP tube. Then use a spoke to get behind the ifp. Wink

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
HenRen wrote:
So to sum it up, for all other future users in need of an advice, the best option is:

Push in the IFP tube the correct orientation to its normal position. Then hold the inner tube (so it doesn't pop out), while slowly pressuring the area behind the ifp with an air pump from the top air valve side. This will push the ifp away from the bottom end. Pull out again the IFP tube. Then use a spoke to get behind the ifp. Wink
I'm having trouble getting the IFP out with zip ties since it's so far down the upper post, so have tried this method but am not getting any movement on the IFP. Any more tips?

Posted: Jun 21, 2018 at 17:32 Quote
Just put the ifp tube in the wrong way and wrap a tube around an airgun and just shoot the ifp out

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
poritz wrote:
Just put the ifp tube in the wrong way and wrap a tube around an airgun and just shoot the ifp out

I ended up partially reassembling, then repressuring, just kind of using my fingers to seal, and eventually at something past 250 psi i think, i heard/felt the IFP move, so pulled out the inner, and the IFP was up high enough to use the zip tie method to pull it out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010776
Mobile Version of Website