Kona Process 153 Shock upgrade options

PB Forum :: Kona
Kona Process 153 Shock upgrade options
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 7, 2016 at 9:24 Quote
Just bought a Process 153 frame with the stock Monarch RT shock. I suspect I’ll want to upgrade it fairly quickly.

What options are out there to get a shock to fit with the 15mm open eyelet on the process yoke? I see you have to special order CC DBAIRs with the correct eyelet diameter. That you may be able to push out the bushing on a DBinline to fit. That all rockshox shocks need to be special ordered (apparently, so says a SRAM rep). Not sure about Fox and what diameter eyelet they use on their shocks…

What have people done, either for coil or air? Just looking for options and don’t want to be limited with a proprietary shock size when (if) it comes time for resale.

Thanks all.

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 at 0:49 Quote
sram guys wrong. standard rockshox and fox go straight in as they run the standard eyelet size . You just take the bush out of the bottom and slide the bolt stright in.
only one thats special is cane creek. dunno why they have to be awkward.
also id stick to the meduim/medium tune.
i upgrded to the rc3 debonair and not that impressed tbh. Doesn't fade but hasnt been perfect reliability wise and its not amazing on high speed bumps. it's not a bad given the price but i wanta fox x2 or ohlins next to gain abit more traction and control.
id tend to stay away from a coil as it won't ramp up ay the end so might not suit the bike and bottom out.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Great, thanks. I'm glad to hear it.

Interesting the SRAM rep just bullshitted me like that...

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 8:18 Quote
maybe he ment the tune as they do have diffrent dampner tunes pre built into rockshox. ie put a low / low in and it would tide like poo.
but the eyelets are definitely standard shock size

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 1:45 Quote
I've fitted a rock show vivid to mine

Posted: Apr 11, 2024 at 23:01 Quote
Does anyone have experience setting up air shock on the this bike (G1 '16 Process 153). I'm wondering if it needs relatively more low compression and likely HC as well? Have no idea. Trying to setup DB air this feels super plush but I can tell it's not setup playful enough. I set my sag at 25% and still feel like I need some support. Likely 2-3tokens in the rear. Recommended settings for 2016 Kona Process 153? I put most everything at center then LSC & HSC 5 clicks more (r). Rebound+3 I think

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 6:51 Quote
markg1150 wrote:
sram guys wrong. standard rockshox and fox go straight in as they run the standard eyelet size . You just take the bush out of the bottom and slide the bolt stright in.
only one thats special is cane creek. dunno why they have to be awkward.
also id stick to the meduim/medium tune.
i upgrded to the rc3 debonair and not that impressed tbh. Doesn't fade but hasnt been perfect reliability wise and its not amazing on high speed bumps. it's not a bad given the price but i wanta fox x2 or ohlins next to gain abit more traction and control.
id tend to stay away from a coil as it won't ramp up ay the end so might not suit the bike and bottom out.

I’ve just installed a fox 36 factory and a X2 in the rear on my 2020 153. I’ll give an update once I’ve spend some time on them

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009344
Mobile Version of Website