evil insurgent or pivot mach 6 for all mountain?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
evil insurgent or pivot mach 6 for all mountain?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2016 at 14:44 Quote
I'm looking for a 27.5 bike that is a decent climber but I really want it to be flickable and whippy. I need a bike that's great for hits as well as climbing any thoughts or insight?

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 7:28 Quote
Have you considered a transition patrol or carbon patrol

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 12:20 Quote
Trailkid1 wrote:
I'm looking for a 27.5 bike that is a decent climber but I really want it to be flickable and whippy. I need a bike that's great for hits as well as climbing any thoughts or insight?

I have build Insurgent for my friend and ofc i rided it.It's smashing downhill like crazy and is damn popy and fun (like any Evil bike).It's not the best climber (due to it's geo and fact that i had fox float x2 on back and 36 in front.It tended to wheelie from time to time and compared it to mine strive (even in dh mode) i had to fight a bit with this bike on climbs.

But overall if i had cash and i woudl want another bike i woudl roll with with Insurgent just because it's plowing on any DH track or bike park like a boss.

FL
Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 12:48 Quote
Consider the Giant Trance, Specialized Stumpjumper, or something similar. This style of bike climbs very well compared to a full on enduro race sled such as the Evil Insurgent but can still take hits well and is very comfortable at speed.

Posted: Dec 5, 2016 at 18:32 Quote
I've demoed the mach 6 but not the insurgent. I didn't care for the mach 6. I think the Ibis HD3 is definitely worth your consideration. In the 150mm-160mm class it climbs very well.

Posted: Dec 6, 2016 at 20:35 Quote
I haven't ridden any evil bikes but I demo'd several all mountain bikes over the last few months and thought the Mach 6 was the worst of the bunch. I found it fit too small and was a crap climber. Had way more fun on bikes like the transition patrol, spec enduro, etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009467
Mobile Version of Website