SC Bronson v2 vs nomad v3

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
SC Bronson v2 vs nomad v3
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 8:57 Quote
I'm in the market for a new bike. I mostly trial ride in the mountains of North Carolina but would also like to get into some downhill and visit some bike parks like Bailey and Sugar mountain. Which one would you guys recomend?

Posted: Jan 14, 2017 at 4:06 Quote
Hi , The two bike are both very capable . The Nomad is probably a bit much for trail , but great at decent but not a DH bike . The Bronson is an amazing bike , very capable , great trail bike great at decent but not a DH bike . It really depends on your skill and fitness level .
For a around bike , If your really fit the nomad could be the bike , if your skill level is up there the Bronson could be your bike .
The two bikes are different in sizing , the Bronson also runs boost .
I would look at building a Bronson frame and upgrade the rear shock , run a decant forks 140 travel and spend money on a good wheel set DT swiss 471`s on , hope , DT240 combo > ., then build the rest according to budget . The complete builds are tempting bang for buck but the wheel set , headset and bottom bracket really let the spec down .
With good air suspension that has internal adjustments , I feel the Bronson is the better of the two for me . There so much fun to ride , they are just so capable . I also have a dedicated DH bike V10 .6 > and feel the Bronson can just about match it but lets go a bit earlier and isn't as fast .

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 19:54 Quote
Thanks for the info. I test rode a Bronson and loved it so I ordered one.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014455
Mobile Version of Website