Montreal DH riders

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Montreal DH riders
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2017 at 8:57 Quote
Hello, I just moved to Montreal from Vancouver and I'm really missing the mountains. I'm looking for anyone interested in getting out with our awesome bikes to shred some trails in the east coast.

I have a truck ready to shuttle. I know with the snow may be challenging to find something to ride but if you know somewhere where we could try it, I'm more than down to go for it. And if it's just impossible at the moment, would be nice to start meeting people interested in ridding as soon as the weather and the snow allows it.

Send me a message (I'll get to it sooner than answering here most likely) or post here and lets ride!!

Cheers riders.

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 8:44 Quote
Welcome to mtl! My name is mike, I live in lachine. I'll ride Mount Royal anytime if your interested, or hit up Bromont or anywhere really! I just got a bike last year and I can't wait to ride! I'll even go in the snow! I have no car, but I pay for gas.

Posted: Feb 1, 2017 at 20:08 Quote
Hey man!!! That's awesome!!! I would love to ride in the snow. I did some snow riding back in Vancouver, but there is not as much as here hehe

Do you go to mont royal with a dh bike?

I'm Francisco by the way

Posted: Feb 2, 2017 at 19:31 Quote
Good to hear from you. I hit mt.Royal after the first snow, but the ground was not frozen yet. It made for a long and hard ride with Maxxis wetscreams on om M6. Mt.Royal is kinda like jibbing. You ride a section for a while and then move to a new spot. You ride the harder stuff on top till youve had enough, then you take "the long way home" lots of good lines from about halfway down.
Im down for a snow ride anytime, dh or hardtaill, although id much rather be on my dh. Nothing stops the M6!

My name is Mike. You know where to find me.

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
Awesome Mike, I'm Francisco.
Yes I only have a dh bike or a fixie for the city, so it would be on my dh bike Haha I love my dh so much Hahaha and we should try to hit mont royal next weekend if you are down to!!

I haven't been riding since whistler closed in October, so pretty excited to get out there and shred a bit hehe text me and we can go from there if you want. 6043141247 still bc number haha

Talk to you soon!!

Posted: Feb 4, 2017 at 13:59 Quote
Super stoked! All my friends think im crazy for riding in the snow, glad to find someone one the same level. Where do you live? Im in Lachine or Montreal west ...right on the border. I rode to the mountain plenty before, but if im keeping the wetscreams on, im taking the metro this time. Lol Talk about rolling resistance. i think Ill just switch them up. Anyways, Im down for next weekend, if its not freezing cold. keep in touch!
Cheers!

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 5:12 Quote
Hi there!

I ride a bike all year round, I have a single speed for 'city' (I climb the mountain both winter and summer with it though) and got a Trance 3,

I sent you a text since I couldn't post for the last couple of days but I'm not even sure you havent change your number since...

Get in touch!

Posted: Feb 10, 2017 at 12:31 Quote
Hi Francisco, Mike, I moved to Montreal last summer and I miss shredding on the trails too. I went to MSS bike park and Oka trails. They are just awesome. I ride DH, AM. I live in Bois Franc. Can I join you guys together for a ride?

Paco

Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 7:32 Quote
Mother nature changed our plans this weekend. Riding in snow is great. Climbing in powder, not so much! I'm glad we've got some new riders on board. Cheers guys! Let's make it happen next weekend.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 20:53 Quote
Unless you guys have skis for your bikes, looks like we are sh*t-out of luck for this week-end.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 21:50 Quote
weather forecast says we are going to have another 15-20cm powder next week too. Let's go snowboarding.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 4:48 Quote
I went up the mountain yesterday, it's a nice drive up and down but all the in forest trails are too soft...

Oka trails seem open though and rideable...

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 10:58 Quote
Hello guys, how is everyone doing? Seems like I won't be able to join you for a ride as work just asked me to come tomorrow to do half a day of work Frown what about next Saturday? Feb 25th? Seems like next week, weather isn't going to be as snowy ad this one was.

I was thinking, should we create a WhatsApp group for all the interested people?

If you want to text me this is my number 6043141247. Number is from bc.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
Hello, is anyone interested in riding this saturday in the morning?

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
I'm down for Saturday! What time were you thinking? I could be there by 10. I'll call you when I get there. I normally start at the gazibo by Beaver lake. What time can you go till? They are calling g for rain, but I'm still going. Might not be any snow left by next weekend...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013263
Mobile Version of Website