Canyon Strive AL 4.0 race vs YT Capra AL?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Canyon Strive AL 4.0 race vs YT Capra AL?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2017 at 18:02 Quote
Hey all, since acquiring a full time job, i have set myself a goal to save for a brand new bicycle. The two bikes im looking at are the:
-Canyon Strive AL 4.0 race
-YT Capra AL
I'm just a bit unsure what to choose, i ride a lot of single track, dirt jumps and the occasional down hill run. I'd really like a bike that will climb with ease too as I need to commute to work on it, and i have 3 large hills i need to climb to get to my work place. Looking forward to all answers! Would prefer input from owners/riders of these bikes!

~Elias

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
I have strive and had a chance to ride on capra.Capra is more DH oriented so for people that want to go ham or have more DH tracks YT woudl be better.Strive on other hand climbs better even in DH mode and it have more versatility thanks to Shapeshifter.Also strive with race geometry is made for racing and it's great if you plan to do bit of racing on it.

As for riding to work i woudl just build/buy myself some single speed bike or something like that.I've had a time where i was riding to job on my Strive and it was damn pain in the ass because tires and suspension.If you have close to work it's not a problem i guess but i have 20 km to it so i just made simples single speed bike i coudl (that cost me something like 20 euro) and it's way faster and better.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 1:52 Quote
Can I just bump this thread to save making a new one as these are the same 2 bikes I'm stuck between, I'm leaning towards the strive but everytime I read on the canyon owners thread I seem to see people with issues which is making me doubt my decision. The whole 2 bikes into 1 is the thing that has the canyon ahead for me at the minute but the YT capra looks really impressive too, shame neither bike went with the metric sized shocks.
Does anyone have opinions on these 2 bikes before I pull the trigger and make an order?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017058
Mobile Version of Website