5010 suspension setup suggestions?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
5010 suspension setup suggestions?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2017 at 6:31 Quote
Hey everyone.
I just bought a new 2016 5010 CC X01 (large, blue) and wondered if anyone could give a 220lb guy, general starting point suggestions on setting up the suspension. Plan on mostly aggressive type trail riding and some trials. It's my first mountain bike since back surgery a bunch of years ago so basically starting from scratch. I'll post pics when it's delivered today or tomorrow. Thanks a lot for any help!

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
I hace a 2016 5010 C XL and weigh the same as you. I'm relatively new to mtb riding and went with the factory recommendations for psi in the front and rear shocks. I figured the SC engineers are a bit smarter then me.....

Posted: May 10, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
The rear shock recommendations encourage a fast rebound, I found I had to slow mine down. Youtube curb test for how to setup rebound properly. The rear shock sag recommendations are about right. I have my rear shock at about 260 psi with the evol can and I weight about 220 geared up. I run my pike with two tokens and about 90~ psi up front with 4-6 clicks of compression and rebound just shy of halfway. This is for NE singletrack rides, no epic downhills near me.

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
The best suggestion I can give is to find a trail that's a nice 10-15 minute loop, and do laps, changing just one little thing here, one little thing there, each lap. Use SC's recommendation for pressure as your base setting (https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-CA/5010#shock-setup) When I did that, I found the right sag, rebound for the rear, and came to the conclusion that I was going through too much travel on the fork with one air pressure, and losing small bump compliance with slightly higher pressure, so I went home and installed a bottomless token in the fork.

Our shop just got a Quark Shockwiz though, so I'm excited to try that and see what it recommends.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012473
Mobile Version of Website