Specialized Epic FSR vs Trek Top Fuel 8

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Specialized Epic FSR vs Trek Top Fuel 8
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
Hey Pinkbikers, I'm trying to look for my new weapon to ride the mountains with the guys, we do all kind of craziness like riding 150 miles through the national forest and go to the "Enduro" bike parks, actually I have a hardtail with 120mm in front and deore as a groupset, I'm consider myself as a climber and good descender, so my buddies classified me as an "all mountain rider". According to my research I feel that these two ladies would be my next purchase, obviously I only can choose one.

Specialized Epic FSR,

Trek Top Fuel 8

These are the girls than I can afford right now according to my budget. I'm open to receive your comments, if you own one of these bikes, I would appreciate it.

Thanks boys.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 16:53 Quote
the epic will pedal for better for your long rides, however the trek will be cheaper to maintain the rear shock although i have never had to rebuild a specialized shock and have owned 4 of them. both great bikes but i would go specialized

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 13:16 Quote
Both bikes aren't really good for anything besides xc racing. You should look towards stumpjumper fsr, trek fuel ex instead. Or other trail bikes in this category.

Bike park with epic or top fuel sounds silly.

I would definitely cripple myself trying to get one of those fast down the freeride/enduro/north shore line at the bike parks I visit.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
the epic will pedal for better for your long rides, however the trek will be cheaper to maintain the rear shock although i have never had to rebuild a specialized shock and have owned 4 of them. both great bikes but i would go specialized
Thanks boss, it's good to hear it from a specialized owner bike.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 16:34 Quote
FabianJ wrote:
Both bikes aren't really good for anything besides xc racing. You should look towards stumpjumper fsr, trek fuel ex instead. Or other trail bikes in this category.

Bike park with epic or top fuel sounds silly.

I would definitely cripple myself trying to get one of those fast down the freeride/enduro/north shore line at the bike parks I visit.

Fabian, my friend, have own any of the bikes that mentioned ?, give me your thoughts about it or what you heard of them.

Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 22:22 Quote
Just look at intended use for either, or if you have some technical insight in bikes, the geometry is what defines how a bike behaves.

I don't own an xc racing bike, since they don't suit my rising style.

Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 16:33 Quote
I ride a 2016 Epic Comp Carbon WC 29 and absolutely love it. I ride a lot of rock gardens, down hills and single track. I like the brain suspension and have had no issues thus far. This bike is super fast and loves to climb. If I could add one thing it would be a dropper post, which doesn't come standard on this type of xc machine. All the guys I ride with ride Stumpjumpers and absolutely love them, they are constantly trying to convert me.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020647
Mobile Version of Website