YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?
might be, 29er was one of the reasons i wasnt totally sold on the jeffsy in the first place. My riding is quite technical and tight where i am, so an aggressive 150mm 27.5in might just be the perfect call for what im looking for..

but a part of me is also looking at the Enduro 29er.. im 6ft so im thinking a 29er wouldnt feel that big to me.. which then begs the question of why not a jeffsy29??

theres too many nice bikes to pick!

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 21:16 Quote
Richt2000 wrote:
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?

Ordered one yesterday. L-size AL one.

Can't wait.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 21:45 Quote
kthorpe wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?
might be, 29er was one of the reasons i wasnt totally sold on the jeffsy in the first place. My riding is quite technical and tight where i am, so an aggressive 150mm 27.5in might just be the perfect call for what im looking for..

but a part of me is also looking at the Enduro 29er.. im 6ft so im thinking a 29er wouldnt feel that big to me.. which then begs the question of why not a jeffsy29??

theres too many nice bikes to pick!

I had same problem long time... actually the whole winter. I was going to buy jeffsy 29" in next months and it was best choise for me from the YT line... but there was still some doubts and looked other bikes and manufacturers as well.
But when I heard of 27,5" jeffsy yesterday I literally ordered it straight away and no doubts at all. Now I just have to wait it Big Grin

Choose the one with no doubts and you will not fail.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 7:58 Quote
Anyone else think the new jeffsy 27.5 geo is a bit long? I'm torn between a M and L (I'm just over 5'10"). The reach on it is more than most trail bikes in the same category. Talking Bronsons, Scouts, etc.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 8:08 Quote
I'd have preferred a 29er Jeffsy to be honest, but the medium is way too cramped for me to live with, and if I was to buy a large I wouldn't be able to run the 150mm dropper...

...so yeah, I'm probably going to get the 27 in medium. Numbers look good to me.

Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 13:08 Quote
I want the CF One, debating on a few things though.

Size: debating medium or large. 5'10" with 30 inch inseam. Generally like longer bikes but the large is pretty dang long.

Seatpost length: I need to measure out the seat tube and make sure I can ride with a 150 dropper fully extended or if I would have to go down to a 125 (and if that would be low enough for descending).

Components: I prefer Shimano drivetrain/brakes. Would probably take-off and sell the X1/Guide RS and replace with XT 11-46 for extra low end climbing range.

Wheels: Heard some bad things about the E13 TRS+ rear hub pawls/bearings blowing up easily. Hoping that is sorted.

I Want to sit on one but they won't have any in Squamish until April... buying a new bike sight unseen is scary.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 1:23 Quote
If your inseam is 30", the large will have too long a seat post with the 150 dropper. I have the 29" Jeffsy in size L (same st length as 27 Jeffsy) with maybe 3cm of the post showing, and my inseam is 34".

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 3:55 Quote
DomaSXS wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?

Ordered one yesterday. L-size AL one.

Can't wait.

Hi.

What is your heigt? I can decide between M or L. I'm 180 cm/ 5 feet 11 inches

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 4:34 Quote
ronnikn wrote:
DomaSXS wrote:
Richt2000 wrote:
For the new 27" Jeffo - who's getting one?

Ordered one yesterday. L-size AL one.

Can't wait.

Hi.

What is your heigt? I can decide between M or L. I'm 180 cm/ 5 feet 11 inches

Im 180cm tall and my inseam is 85cm

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
DomaSXS wrote:
ronnikn wrote:
DomaSXS wrote:


Ordered one yesterday. L-size AL one.

Can't wait.

Hi.

What is your heigt? I can decide between M or L. I'm 180 cm/ 5 feet 11 inches

Im 180cm tall and my inseam is 85cm

Thanks. Just the same as me :-)

Please write how you feel about the size, when you receive it :-) ;-)

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 10:28 Quote
ronnikn wrote:
DomaSXS wrote:
ronnikn wrote:


Hi.

What is your heigt? I can decide between M or L. I'm 180 cm/ 5 feet 11 inches

Im 180cm tall and my inseam is 85cm

Thanks. Just the same as me :-)

Please write how you feel about the size, when you receive it :-) ;-)

I will! Im pretty sure its good.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 14:49 Quote
I'm 182cm, 88cm inseam length, gonna get size L. Even though I'm unsure if I should get the AL one or AL one, I dont think the 500e upgrade is worth the money

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
pingvin wrote:
If your inseam is 30", the large will have too long a seat post with the 150 dropper. I have the 29" Jeffsy in size L (same st length as 27 Jeffsy) with maybe 3cm of the post showing, and my inseam is 34".

Ugh, that sucks, but thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna visit YT and sit on the 29 Jeffsy medium and large to confirm but I fear you are right. Now I guess I have to figure out if I will be happy with a 125mm dropper for descending and what the added cost would be (assuming YT can't swap it for me).

Still stoked on the bike, been comparing the geometry to the Transition Scout carbon large which I loved when I tried it. So much more value from YT, the Scout is crazy expensive!!

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 17:03 Quote
One question, the specs sheet shows head angle of 66/67, but reviews seem to only mention the CF Pro Race with the 160 fork has 66 HA.

Does the flip chip on the non-Race Pro models allow you to adjust HA down to 66 from 67 in addition to lower BB?

Edit further reading seems to say it's 66.5/67 via flip chip, I assume 66.5 = higher BB @ 347mm and 67 = 341m as the BB goes higher with slacker HA?

Previous Page |

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014460
Mobile Version of Website