YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 21:56 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
MacieIKS wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
I do have a problem with the dropper though. It's the TRS+ one, and it can rotate at the top collar (seat mount), it's not the stanchion itself, but the top head assembly. So much so, that it's around 2½cm play from left to right, at the saddle tip.
My old KS, was almost rock solid in that regard. But the post seems to be easy to pull apart, due to it's full mechanical design. So I'll give that a whirl once I clear out the workshop, as it's currently used for storage.

Hi,

Regarding E13 TRS, I have the same problem in my Jeffsy 27 Alu One. I am after third trip around the city and I noticed -+ 1cm play left/right. It looks like it is top collar, I put saddle off and collar head is rotating slightly itself. Have you checked it already? In my opinion there could be something wrong with gold pivot installed there ... but after 3rd ride? strange Big Grin

Cheers,
Maciek

If you look at what you quoted yourself, you can see that we're both talking about the entire head assembly rotating.
So yes, it's the same thing. Mine did it out of the box Frown

Yesterday I fixed it very simple, I took seat off and there is big black thread inside going down to seatpost. Just grab proper allen key and tighten it while holding upper alloy collar. Do not use too much force because you could damage internal parts (according to e13 assembly guide). I hope you will fix as same way as me Smile

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 4, 2017 at 22:38 Quote
sornyy wrote:
Fyi: Jeffsy 27 has an ISCG05 mount, Jeffsy 29 not!

Sweet. Was thinking about if I wanted to run a bash/top guide like an MRP AMg or something. Don't really think I will drop the chain, more worried about the bash... then again chainrings are cheaper than the AMg.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 1:33 Quote
Same Wink
I just like the idea to be able to mount a proper bashguard if things get out of hand..

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
Maybe stupid post, but did you get manual for the suspension setups?sag ect...

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 14:23 Quote
DomaSXS wrote:
Maybe stupid post, but did you get manual for the suspension setups?sag ect...

Nope no manual. I Set it to 20-25% on both fork and rear shock.
And added the two token to the fork. Think I will add two more later.

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
I just ordered the 27 AL Two. Not keen on the 2x set up so i'll be swapping to 1x right away. Will I need a boost cinch ring or normal non-boost? Anyone else with the Two able to share extra thoughts on what to do straight out of the box?
My availability said May 17th, fingers crossed for no delays. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 12:05 Quote
map-guy wrote:
I just ordered the 27 AL Two. Not keen on the 2x set up so i'll be swapping to 1x right away. Will I need a boost cinch ring or normal non-boost? Anyone else with the Two able to share extra thoughts on what to do straight out of the box?
My availability said May 17th, fingers crossed for no delays. Thanks!

I got the 27 AL Two.
I imeadely changed it to 1x. I used Race Face Direct Mount Cinch Narrow Wide Chainring

It works perfect and my driveline is pretty straight Smile

Feel free to ask if you want to know more Smile Smile

photo

photo

FL
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 12:53 Quote
Nice that looks clean! I guess I figured it would be a boost ring. Are you going to put a chain guide on? Sounds like its the e-type compatible? This one is dirt cheap: http://www.jensonusa.com/Chain-Guides-Tensioners/Oneup-Components-S3E-TYPE-Chainguide
Also what side did the dropper lever come on?
Thanks!

I got the 27 AL Two.
I imeadely changed it to 1x. I used Race Face Direct Mount Cinch Narrow Wide Chainring

It works perfect and my driveline is pretty straight Smile

Feel free to ask if you want to know more Smile Smile

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 13:14 Quote
map-guy wrote:
Nice that looks clean! I guess I figured it would be a boost ring. Are you going to put a chain guide on? Sounds like its the e-type compatible? This one is dirt cheap: http://www.jensonusa.com/Chain-Guides-Tensioners/Oneup-Components-S3E-TYPE-Chainguide
Also what side did the dropper lever come on?
Thanks!

Yes it's an e-type. I already have a chain guide. fortunately ,Until now I have not needed it, as I like it better without. Just make sure it's a Narrow/wide chainring you get.

The lever is on the left side and it's the left-handed version so it's not under the bar, unfortunately...

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 19:58 Quote
Hi all I have a quick question about swapping to XT brakes once I receive my bike. I'm planning on running 180's front and rear and will need an adapter for the fork but on YT's website it looks like the rear brake is a direct mount, no adapter needed. Is this correct? Thanks

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 12:45 Quote
Rear is 180mm directmount yes, Pike has PM6

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 16:02 Quote
Im shopping for a new bike for this season, probably will be buying in june/july when the finances are in check. Have been back and forth between a bunch of bikes, but still cant decide. I was pretty set on the new Giant Trance Advanced 2, but the Jeffsy 27 might just be that little more aggressive bike that im looking for.. and its cheaper...but its aluminum with better spec vs the trance is carbon frame/wheels but weaker spec.

Thoughts on the AL Two vs Al One? If i got the AL Two i would be switching to 1x right away..so is there really any reason then to just not go for the AL One? are the upgrades worth the extra cost? Im coming from riding on 10+ year old shimano shifter/derailleur and very old Avid Juicy's..so either of these i think will be a huge upgrade.

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
kthorpe wrote:
Im shopping for a new bike for this season, probably will be buying in june/july when the finances are in check. Have been back and forth between a bunch of bikes, but still cant decide. I was pretty set on the new Giant Trance Advanced 2, but the Jeffsy 27 might just be that little more aggressive bike that im looking for.. and its cheaper...but its aluminum with better spec vs the trance is carbon frame/wheels but weaker spec.

Thoughts on the AL Two vs Al One? If i got the AL Two i would be switching to 1x right away..so is there really any reason then to just not go for the AL One? are the upgrades worth the extra cost? Im coming from riding on 10+ year old shimano shifter/derailleur and very old Avid Juicy's..so either of these i think will be a huge upgrade.

For the money, You get a whole lot more with the "One" You get the the Turbine components and a rear shock with 2 adjustment (climp/descent)

But I chose the "Two" because I would rather have the reverb seatpost instead of the E*thirteen dropper which has 4 fixed positions.
And I also changed the the stem and bar. And I didn't need the lock position for the rear shock.

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
ronnikn wrote:
kthorpe wrote:

For the money, You get a whole lot more with the "One" You get the the Turbine components and a rear shock with 2 adjustment (climp/descent)

But I chose the "Two" because I would rather have the reverb seatpost instead of the E*thirteen dropper which has 4 fixed positions.
And I also changed the the stem and bar. And I didn't need the lock position for the rear shock.

Thanks for the info! To be completely honest, i'm not one that really cares about the brand/model of my bar and stem..im not a weight weenie nor have i ever really felt much different between bars (besides width) so thats not a huge selling point for me

I guess the main question now is....how often do you guys reach down for the climb switch on your jeffsys?

i think im leaning more towards the TWO right now, and i also prefer the white over the red! Smile

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 5:37 Quote
@ronnikn You changed the rear derailleur too? Because its speced as 2x11 and there is a 1x11 GX rear derailleur too..?

@kthorpe The 500e upgrade for the AL1 is ok, but the AL2 is a real bang for the buck! I went for the AL2 + spending the 500e on a week in Saalbach-Hinterglemm Big Grin .
The climb switch is nice to have but not more, not less.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028582
Mobile Version of Website