You choose; Norco team Dh or Trek Session

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
You choose; Norco team Dh or Trek Session
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
I am looking for a new ride for Spring / summer time after being off the bike for a while. Norco is a 2008 model mostly stock, the Session 7 is a 2007 and has a good build too. If your buying one, which one would you go for?

And if you have some experience on these bikes put some input in here.

Cheers

Posted: Feb 28, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
Both bikes are older, both probably have a bit of wear and tear. I'd go with the Session. It's a popular bike, and if it's got a good build kit, it's probably worth the extra year in age. Just make sure it's not been beat to death.

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 21:03 Quote
Anyone ride either of these bikes? Need some more input..

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
neither are going to be good to ride... too old and outdated. save up and get something newer.

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 23:00 Quote
I think they should be just fine to ride. The session 7 has similar suspension to what they use nowadays, Norco has changed its frame style a few times. Im not worried about either of them performing well on any trail

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
You think bikes from the mid 2000's werent built good? New stuff is just new stuff, not always leaps and bounds better than older models

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 16:49 Quote
they really are so much better. you said it yourself that you havnt been around bikes in a while. how would you know?

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 22:16 Quote
So your saying either bike would be a bad choice, because, 10 years ago they didnt make good bikes.. at all. No one even rode bikes 10 years ago thats how bad they were..

I dont have the money for the newest bike bud, which i think someone might have guessed based on the original question

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 22:18 Quote
cortosis2009 wrote:
Both bikes are older, both probably have a bit of wear and tear. I'd go with the Session. It's a popular bike, and if it's got a good build kit, it's probably worth the extra year in age. Just make sure it's not been beat to death.

They both look in very good shape. I used to ride a lot so i can check pretty quick to where there might problems

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 18:38 Quote
In my opinion... I'd go for the norco. They seem to last longer little heavier but beefier. Trek is a really poppy fun bike to ride but I know lots had issues with cracking. Either way depending on how hard you ride you could break either one.. Or they could last you a few years depending on how hard you ride them.

Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 23:10 Quote
Thanks for the reply, yeah the Norco sure was heavy. Im hoping the Trek wont crack if i end up buying it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012317
Mobile Version of Website