Which pedals should I get?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which pedals should I get?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 19:06 Quote
Hi everyone

The only thing I know about mountain bikes is I like riding them.

I have a giant trance I bought per advice here and love it! So the Times come to upgrade again. This time it's pedals. My right leg isn't correct skeletal wise. I have an outward gait. (even enough you see, and, just enough to screw with my joints) anyway I need wide pedals because of this so...

I've been looking at pedals with 120mm width specifically. I've pretty much set my eyes on either the Harrier pedals or Alaska's, but could only find a few more.

I intend on doing as tough and hard of trails and jumps I can but I'm probably on moderate level stuff lol so nothing crazy I weight 210lbs what ya guys think? Any pedals I'm missing?

Opinions on these 2?

http://www.vp-usa.com/vp-harrier/
http://www.the-house.com/qfralkpgrzz-framed-bike-pedals.html

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 19:44 Quote
Have you checked out DMR Vaults? Great pedal.

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 5:31 Quote
fillyo wrote:

Yes!

I've been hearing great things about that pedal. But it's 105mm wide so nearly 3/4" too narrow. I wish I could use them. My current pedals are 100 x 100mm

The only reason I haven't ordered the barrier pedals, is they use a bushing. I've read they develop play ? Anyone with experience on this subject?

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 6:57 Quote
EscapeMTB wrote:
fillyo wrote:

Yes!

I've been hearing great things about that pedal. But it's 105mm wide so nearly 3/4" too narrow. I wish I could use them. My current pedals are 100 x 100mm

The only reason I haven't ordered the barrier pedals, is they use a bushing. I've read they develop play ? Anyone with experience on this subject?
my spank use bushing on the outboard yes I can feel a little play when I wiggle with my fingers had them about a year don't notice at all when feet are on the pedals the actual amount of play is barely visible to the naked eye if it gets drastically bad rebuild kits are available for cheap.

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 15:39 Quote
Thanks for the info.

Think I'm going with the harriers. My lbs tried selling me extensions which weren't much money but ide rather stick with quality than add unnecessary items.

Thanks guys

Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 15:59 Quote
Maybe try the Canfield brothers pedals?? They're super wide

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
Harriers are nice but the listed size is deceiving. They are 120 out from crank but useable length is more like 95mm. Vaults are super grippy. Also spank spoon 110 are pretty nice as well.

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
Pedaling Innovations. Look them up on Instagram or google them. They are bad ass

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 5:44 Quote
meSSican wrote:
Harriers are nice but the listed size is deceiving. They are 120 out from crank but useable length is more like 95mm. .

I got mine the other day, and...

Your correct I just measured mine and from the crank to tip of the pedal (measuring only the usable part) was 4-5/8" which is only 5/8" larger than what I had. Roughly 110-115mm

All that being said, I'm happy with the way the pedals perform, feel and grip. But to be honest, i bought them based on invalid, or misleading specs and reviews, and am a bit dissatisfied knowing I could've got something else that was bigger and matched my paint scheme.

Ah well.... They increase my ability too bike and that's what counts

Thanks guys

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013708
Mobile Version of Website