2004? Rockshox boxxer team 180mm travel help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2004? Rockshox boxxer team 180mm travel help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 0:32 Quote
I pulled the cap of my forks and pulled the springs and found yellow springs (soft) I'm about 200lbs so they are pretty soft. I've looked high and low for a firm spring to replace it. I don't really want to buy a new front fork because I really like the look and feel of this one. Anyone have any idea where I can find a stiffer spring or if a newer boxxer spring will work as long as I get one that matches my 26in tires and travel length? Can't figure anything out.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 21:26 Quote
For anyone who cares, I've decided to get some springs from a 2006-2008 boxxers and cut them down, and level the end back to flat. I will post up later when this has finished!

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 23:38 Quote
I'm sorry you got no response earlier, I haven't checked on compatibility for the fork springs you're looking at, but I would suggest camparing the old to the new before cutting anything. If they're just a bit longer the extra preload may work to your advantage. Keep in mind also that the old springs could be shorter than they were when new. Otherwise your plans seem solid.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009414
Mobile Version of Website