2007 kona shred upgrades- update on page 2

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2007 kona shred upgrades- update on page 2
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 6:11 Quote
yeah sorry its 24t up front and 11t at the back.....

what i meant is would it be physically possible to fit a half link on a bike with vertical dropouts????

i know they stretch an all so i could fit a tensioner at a later date..

cheers, alex

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 6:22 Quote
Yes gearing is fine

You look for about a 2front 1 back

And if you really want a half link chain, I'd look at maybe using a chaindevice for tension, as I doubt you'll be able to cram a half link into a tensioner.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 6:30 Quote
cheers, really dont want a chain device, heavy, ugly and expensive.

might just hope for the best with the half link and get it to fit as well as possible.

alex

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
If you want to, do it

But I doubt you'll be able to run any kind of tensioner except chaindevice.

Why are you so fixated about a half link? I run a half link, and will change it soon.

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 9:42 Quote
urrrm not sure really, read a review in mbuk a couple of months ago and they said it performed well, and i think it looks pretty trick........

but is it physically possible to fit a half link to a bike with vertical dropouts, ive had a hunt around the forum and read loads of different things but still unsure..... cheers,alex

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
bigalex wrote:
urrrm not sure really, read a review in mbuk a couple of months ago and they said it performed well, and i think it looks pretty trick........

but is it physically possible to fit a half link to a bike with vertical dropouts, ive had a hunt around the forum and read loads of different things but still unsure..... cheers,alex

If you want to, then just do it. My mate runs a normal chain with no tensioners and a vertical drop out. So if I were you, I'd go for it

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 at 12:51 Quote
hi again, just bin lookin about on this site www.ukdirt.com and one of the riders on there wsa running a gusset half link chain and a gusset tensioner so i might give that a go.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014287
Mobile Version of Website