Newbie. Specialized Epic Hardtail (W's)

PB Forum :: Beginners
Newbie. Specialized Epic Hardtail (W's)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 19:34 Quote
Hello new to this forum and it's been over a decade since I've been on a mountain bike so I decided to invest in something a little fancier than my first and old entry level bike. Looking forward to learning more about biking.

A few questions:

- how should I store AND transport a carbon fiber frame? Read multiple pros and cons. But right now I have a Yakima Kingpin 2, not sure if that's a good way for transport?

- first time investing in tubeless tires. Ive had two flats and been on my bike once (the flats happened before and after taking it out on the trail). Wondering if it's because I'm standing the bike up on its tires? Should I lie it down? Hang it? Or lie it on its side til the liquid stuff settles?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 17:53 Quote
I think a rack that hangs the bike from the top tube to swing around into the car or other bikes is bad for any bike. Something that holds it by the wheels so that it cant move is ideal.

If your tires are going flat when you arent riding it, you can try moving the wheel around to make sure the sealant is coating everywhere. The way the bike is standing shouldnt really matter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010379
Mobile Version of Website