bike size

PB Forum :: Downhill
bike size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 22:33 Quote
hi everybody i just saw a great deal for a scott gambler 720 2015 in a shop in vancouver but theres only a small left and i am 5 7 im wondering if its really gonna be too small ?

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
yes too small will suck

Posted: Apr 14, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
hi guys. I'm 6, 2 almost 3 and really like the look of the commencal dh v4.... will an extra large still be too small?
thanks

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 15:06 Quote
clout4alex wrote:
hi everybody i just saw a great deal for a scott gambler 720 2015 in a shop in vancouver but theres only a small left and i am 5 7 im wondering if its really gonna be too small ?

I'm 5,9 and ride a Medium Glory! According to there size chart I am on the tail end of the Medium and the start of there Large. So if it were Glory, id say a small wouldn't work!

Id say keep looking!

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 6:34 Quote
GLORYRIDER33 wrote:
clout4alex wrote:

I'm 5,9 and ride a Medium Glory! According to there size chart I am on the tail end of the Medium and the start of there Large. So if it were Glory, id say a small wouldn't work!

Id say keep looking!
Wrong. Your actually on the smaller side of It, if you were much smaller you would be suited to a small. It's funny how even you don't know the facts to your own bike. The medium fits
people up to 6ft2 although that's not going to happen, but at 5ft9 you are a perfect fit. You are no where near their large.

As for this sizing different bikes fit differently so don't compare your incorrect sizing to anyone else's anyway.

As for the sizing a small would work but would be cramped and you would be faster on a medium. Best option is to go and sit on it and see what it feels like, maybe ride it around the car park

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 11:41 Quote
oli99 wrote:
GLORYRIDER33 wrote:
clout4alex wrote:

Id say keep looking!
Wrong. Your actually on the smaller side of It, if you were much smaller you would be suited to a small. It's funny how even you don't know the facts to your own bike. The medium fits
people up to 6ft2 although that's not going to happen, but at 5ft9 you are a perfect fit. You are no where near their large.

As for this sizing different bikes fit differently so don't compare your incorrect sizing to anyone else's anyway.

As for the sizing a small would work but would be cramped and you would be faster on a medium. Best option is to go and sit on it and see what it feels like, maybe ride it around the car park

Wrong? Who the f*ck are you? It funny that I don't even know my own bike? Just joined this site and am realizing its full of a bunch of immature little f*cks who think they know everything and are rude as f*ck to people they don't even know.

180CM=5'9

Let me break down GIANTS SIZE CHART
SMALL 157-172CM
MEDIUM 172-180CM
LARGE 180-190CM

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:35 Quote
Literally just googled it. 5ft9 is 175cm? And 180cm is 5ft 10.866, So nearly 5ft11?

I honestly can't see where I have gone wrong? So where have you got that number from. And saying 5ft9 is what started it, because 5ft9 on the giant glory sizing chart is bang on medium.

Now onto something else
I haven't been rude. I pointed out how you were wrong in my opinion. I was a little blunt because I saw you were being rude to people in the other thread. You have a maddd attitude problem and all I see is you calling other people rude. Except you are the one running your mouth. I don't know everything but I have sizing sorted out for the most part. It's not rocket science but I feel you are not accurate.

The irony in calling other people rude

Just had a look and into feet not feet and inches you are 5ft9 sure. But even then, medium in the middle is 1.8 metres, fitting up to 1.88metres although it overlaps a large at 1.83 or so. So it still says you perfectly fit medium ?

Posted: May 1, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
Google can not translate cm into feet correctly because it works in units of 1 not .12 so it displays 5.9feet no 5'9 Facepalm someone should really fix that.

180cm is 5'10.8ish

Also bike size is preference, arguing over it is nonsensical.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 21:06 Quote
i ended up buying it it doesnt feel too small but definatly on the end of the small saze . im use to ride bmx so i guess it help not feeling to short.
also the bike is on 27.5 so the overall bike it actually longer then my roomate s size large on 26.
i will ride it for the summer and see for next year thanks guys

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040242
Mobile Version of Website