Seattube creaking

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Seattube creaking
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 12, 2017 at 14:46 Quote
Ok, it took me like a week to narrow this thing down:

I have a new alu Jeffsy (factory fitted seatpost, so sizes do match) and after some miles it started to creak when seated. I figured out that it must be either the seat clamp, or the tube. I applied grease everywhere on the clamp, and assembly paste (universal, not carbon) on the seatpost, put it back, torqued 6Nm.

Now when I sit on it, I can hear the paste grinding between the post and the frame. Is this normal?

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 0:03 Quote
Had a similar situation where I swore it was coming from the seat clamp area but it was being caused by dirt/contaminants in the part that rotates your seat angle.

Posted: May 17, 2017 at 3:24 Quote
Remove your post, seat and seat collar. clean everything. then lube and reassemble. Double check that your seat rails are not bent or broken. If everything appears serviceable, and after a thorough cleaning, lube and proper torque the issue remains... consider getting a pair of digital calipers to measure the seat tube

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
Might be the seat rails ! Try cleaning all parts including the seat tube and post , and when reassembling tighten the clamp then wiggle the seat up / down , front to back , then tighten again !

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009707
Mobile Version of Website