2017 fox 36 rc2 gritty

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2017 fox 36 rc2 gritty
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 14, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
Hello,

I've just bought a brand new set of 2017 fox 36 floats to replace my old 34 talas. Cut the steerer and got the star nut in no problem. Put them on the bike and initial thoughts are a gritty feeling for the first couple of moves through the travel (moves with so little force so no stiction atall). Im hoping it's just because they are new and this feeling will go away. My main concern that there's no oil or not enough in them. Just feels a little rougher initally than I'd have expected. It does go away but start cycling the travel again and you noticed it at the top end of the movement.

I can also hold my hand in the wheel and pull the crown up about 2 mm and hear it hit the top of the fork leg. However it doesn't do this on the rebound when compressing the fork so I'm presuming the little moment is normal.

Also the rc2 adjuster on the top. The high speed adjuster wiggles around and I've got to push it down to get it to click on turning. I took off the adjusters and it all seems to be tightened down properly but I'm just curious.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Kevin

Posted: May 31, 2017 at 19:40 Quote
[Quote="kevinw90"]Hello,

I've just bought a brand new set of 2017 fox 36 floats to replace my old 34 talas. Cut the steerer and got the star nut in no problem. Put them on the bike and initial thoughts are a gritty feeling for the first couple of moves through the travel (moves with so little force so no stiction atall). Im hoping it's just because they are new and this feeling will go away. My main concern that there's no oil or not enough in them. Just feels a little rougher initally than I'd have expected. It does go away but start cycling the travel again and you noticed it at the top end of the movement.

I can also hold my hand in the wheel and pull the crown up about 2 mm and hear it hit the top of the fork leg. However it doesn't do this on the rebound when compressing the fork so I'm presuming the little moment is normal.

Also the rc2 adjuster on the top. The high speed adjuster wiggles around and I've got to push it down to get it to click on turning. I took off the adjusters and it all seems to be tightened down properly but I'm just curious.

Any help greatly appreciated

I'd check/refill your semi bath quantities for sure, many manufacturers often skimp on this. and can lead to severely shortened bushing life. just doit, you'll be glad you did, everytime I have I find there is virtually no oil in fork lowers despite what the spec sheet says there should be.

D

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007530
Mobile Version of Website