2018 RM Altitude

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2018 RM Altitude
Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 18:11 Quote
trifecta wrote:
applepie wrote:
trifecta wrote:
Well i had the maiden run on my new Carbon 50 today: The bike climbs more efficiently than the last altitude (i also have the 2015 Rally Edition), its a more stable descender, feels like it has more travel, its just as agile, feels lighter, pops off jumps better, its an all around better bike. Love it!!

Just had my fist run on my Al 50 thing is amazing , I had a GT Force and a Banshee Runes in recent years I immediately felt fully at home on the Rocky (i put it straight in ride 3). It rips so hard loves pulling a manual pump or jumping rollers. What a bike, my Rune had good review but it never felt quite balanced to me it was a straight line smasher that required a lot of body english to get front wheel bite (i wouldn't recomend it, it is ok). The Rocky just rips and the suspension is soo smooth and it just wants to jump everything, first run and I was trying to double random rollers etc. The 50 has a great sensible spec money spent on the important bits like the derailleur and saved on shifters etc which really don't make a difference. I suspect the benefit ypu get going 50 to 70 etc is pretty minimal

I put my 2yr old fox 36 factorys on the carbon 50, sold the 36 grips as new to bring the new bike spend down even although the grips seemed really good. it came with slx brakes which I'm upgrading to saint or xt twinpot when they come out next month. ill get a second shock even although the dps shock is great, I'm going to get a dhx2 coil for dh tracks (enduro racing). apart from that, everything is solid. i don't imagine anybody feeling that they need to upgrade anything but the shock or brakes on lowest spec models once the have ridden them. i could probably get away with just the brake upgrade.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 0:38 Quote
DirtyHal wrote:
Just incase anyone else was wondering, I emailed Push about the elevensix and the altitude and they had this to say:

"Unfortunately, we do not offer a fitment at this time. I an not certain if we are going to attempt a fitment for that bike. I will save your email in a folder that I utilize to notify people if we are releasing a bike fitment."

So, it looks like there isn't enough interest to warrant making the fitment. If ya'll want to try an elevensix I'd suggest emailing them so they see there is interest!

Push said in response to my comment on Instagram that they were “looking into” bringing Push to the Altitude. Good that they’re considering it!

Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 14:26 Quote
So I just picked up the Alloy 70 and really dig it. Coming from the Specialized Enduro 29 it feel less like a monster truck and more like a rally car. I've tried the chip in neutral and slack settings. I handled great in both. What setting does everyone seem to use the most? How often do you change it? I could really see this being a set it and forget it adjustment.

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2017 at 16:44 Quote
So I just put it in the slack position and have left it for a few months now. For the trails I'm ridding there is no point to switching it up based on the ride I'm doing. But, I could see why people would change there setting regularly.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 0:53 Quote
T10irons wrote:
So I just picked up the Alloy 70 and really dig it. Coming from the Specialized Enduro 29 it feel less like a monster truck and more like a rally car. I've tried the chip in neutral and slack settings. I handled great in both. What setting does everyone seem to use the most? How often do you change it? I could really see this being a set it and forget it adjustment.

I rode it in neutral for a couple months, no 7 I think, which is the 3rd steepest. noticeable better in climbing but also a bit less oompf of the more DH oriented tracks. So back in neutral, which is a nice balance.

Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 18:48 Quote
T10irons wrote:

I ride in ride 3 which is the third slackest I really like the angles, low bottom bracket and the progressive leverage it give the shock it feels pretty bottomless.

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 13:57 Quote
Hey quick question I put a 170mm fork on my altitude and wonder to keep same stem height do I need to remove 10mm spacers to make it to my 160mm fork height?

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:46 Quote
Anyone know anything more about this recall?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rocky-mountain-recalls-2018-altitude-instinct-and-pipeline-models-for-brake-issue.html

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 19:46 Quote
I think it mostly has to do with the amount of cable slack left under the bb and that they're properly secured.

Posted: Dec 31, 2017 at 2:04 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
Anyone know anything more about this recall?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rocky-mountain-recalls-2018-altitude-instinct-and-pipeline-models-for-brake-issue.html

The pdf says make sure you have the cables in the correct guide, make sure you have adequate cable slack under the bottom bracket so they don't get tugged when the suspension compresses and zip tie the two cables together

Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 19:31 Quote
Picked up my alloy 70 on friday. I am very impressed with how it rides, its very responsive and climbs amazingly. Mind you ive only ever owned downhill and dj bikes, so to me this thing is badass as all hell. Im 5'9" and on a medium.

O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
Trailuhpark wrote:
Picked up my alloy 70 on friday. I am very impressed with how it rides, its very responsive and climbs amazingly. Mind you ive only ever owned downhill and dj bikes, so to me this thing is badass as all hell. Im 5'9" and on a medium.

Welcome to the party!

O+
Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 8:16 Quote
Has anybody here had a chance to ride both Instinct and the Altitude. I’m between the two bike right now, looking for opinions. If you had to choose, which would take? Still take an altitude, or would you go for the instinct?

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 15:34 Quote
scottziesman wrote:
Has anybody here had a chance to ride both Instinct and the Altitude. I’m between the two bike right now, looking for opinions. If you had to choose, which would take? Still take an altitude, or would you go for the instinct?

I havent tried one but the instinct BC edition is probably the best of both worlds. Yheu arn't cheap though

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 22:40 Quote
My mechanic spoke to the fox guys today re doing an air can service for the dpx2 on my A70. Apparently the lower eyelet bearings, either side of the body eyelet on the shock are just a total bastard to get out. you need to remove the bearings from the housing and smack them out from the inside with a big square edged drift.
I reckon it's worth maybe addressing the interference fit while they're out, take some material off the fittings to make removal easier in future? That does NOT sound user friendly at all, given you should service the air can about every 50 or so hours...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011456
Mobile Version of Website