Transition Sentinel

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition Sentinel
Posted: Feb 10, 2024 at 10:13 Quote
trialstars wrote:
@joebristol has your Kitsuma got the right size spacers on the shaft, I’ve had no bottom out issues at all with the correct spring.

Yes, it’s a 65mm stroke and has 7.5mm of spacers under the bottom out bumper. With the normal link it just had a habit of blowing through its travel off drops. Everywhere else it was fine. Changing the linkage solved the issue .

Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 12:26 Quote
skywalker909 wrote:
Has anyone experienced dropper moving lateraly inside the seat tube on Sentinel v2 carbon? My bikeyoke revive keep rotating left / right when nudged . Torque 5-6nm, carbon grip paste, seatpost cleaned inside, using seat clamp that came with the frame. It doesn't move verticaly only lateraly.
thanks

In case anyone else has the same problem. I tried a different seat collar BikeYoke Squeezy. applied carbon grip paste and torqued to 5Nm. Dropper sits rock solid. No left / right movement when nudged. It seems that the stock seat clamp isn't great in clamping, at least the one I got.

Also, in the process I discovered that greasing bolts & threads changes the force at the contact points. So, greased bolt at 5Nm effectively has higher clamping / preload force due reduced friction than a dried bolt...going by the info on "internet" it's about 25% more. Which is why I managed to get the stock seat collar hold the dropper at 6Nm with a greased bolt but that was "effective" ~7.5Nm which is more than I would like. I find it strange that it's not specified whether bolts should by dry or lubed yet some torque recommendations are super specific (4.5 etc)...and most people use some kind of lube on bolts which swings these values by 25% which potentially can do some damage. Anyways that's more than I ever wanted to know on the bolts and torque topic ;-)

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2024 at 15:56 Quote
skywalker909 wrote:
skywalker909 wrote:
Has anyone experienced dropper moving lateraly inside the seat tube on Sentinel v2 carbon? My bikeyoke revive keep rotating left / right when nudged . Torque 5-6nm, carbon grip paste, seatpost cleaned inside, using seat clamp that came with the frame. It doesn't move verticaly only lateraly.
thanks

In case anyone else has the same problem. I tried a different seat collar BikeYoke Squeezy. applied carbon grip paste and torqued to 5Nm. Dropper sits rock solid. No left / right movement when nudged. It seems that the stock seat clamp isn't great in clamping, at least the one I got.

Also, in the process I discovered that greasing bolts & threads changes the force at the contact points. So, greased bolt at 5Nm effectively has higher clamping / preload force due reduced friction than a dried bolt...going by the info on "internet" it's about 25% more. Which is why I managed to get the stock seat collar hold the dropper at 6Nm with a greased bolt but that was "effective" ~7.5Nm which is more than I would like. I find it strange that it's not specified whether bolts should by dry or lubed yet some torque recommendations are super specific (4.5 etc)...and most people use some kind of lube on bolts which swings these values by 25% which potentially can do some damage. Anyways that's more than I ever wanted to know on the bolts and torque topic ;-)

Gr8 info mate thanks.

Posted: Feb 17, 2024 at 17:12 Quote
Anyone who's had shock misalignment issues on the sentinel - how much was your shock misaligned and how did you measure it?

I'm having an issue with a transition frame where the shock leans closer to one side by 3mm. However, this is only 1.5mm from center. I've seen people say they have observed up to 4mm misalignment, which could mean the shock is closer to one side by 8mm... that sounds outrageous.

Can anyone clarify?

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 14:15 Quote
Float X2, DPX2 or Float X? Pairing with a Factory 38 up front, I'm guessing X2 will be the answer.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 16:52 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Float X2, DPX2 or Float X? Pairing with a Factory 38 up front, I'm guessing X2 will be the answer.

I went opposite way. 2023 ZEB and SDU air here.

Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 0:01 Quote
xetal wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

38 instead of ZEB, but SDU Air as well, with the tune set to L1LNLC320, 2pos tokens, and the HBO air can.

Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 1:00 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
xetal wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

38 instead of ZEB, but SDU Air as well, with the tune set to L2LNLC320, and the HBO air can.

Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 10:00 Quote
photo

Just putting a note out there.

A 2019 (Gen 1) Aluminum XL Sentinel fits a 205mm x 60mm 2023 Fox DHX shock with the cascade link without interference. I thought I would have to put an extra spacer in it to get it down to 57.5mm but that wasn't necessary.

Posted: Mar 6, 2024 at 12:07 Quote
Anyone here with Float X Performance Elite on Sentinel V2 unhappy with the 2 position climb setting. I wish it had a firmer lockout setting as it sags way too much and results in a slacker seat angle on steeper gravel climbs. If I add psi it becomes too firm for the downhill. Or is there an alternative shock with a firmer lockout someone can recommend (air preferred).

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 0:32 Quote
someguy101 wrote:
Anyone here with Float X Performance Elite on Sentinel V2 unhappy with the 2 position climb setting. I wish it had a firmer lockout setting as it sags way too much and results in a slacker seat angle on steeper gravel climbs. If I add psi it becomes too firm for the downhill. Or is there an alternative shock with a firmer lockout someone can recommend (air preferred).

SD Air

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 0:50 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
someguy101 wrote:

SD Air

Good call

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 5:22 Quote
someguy101 wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:
someguy101 wrote:

SD Air

Good call

dunno if the tune is any help, but 0L2LNLC320 is quite good

0L2LCNL32= 0= 0 Negative Tokens, L= Linear Air Can, 2= 2 Positive Token, LN= Linear Rebound, LC=Low Compression, 32=320 lockout force

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 14:45 Quote
I found I had to run the float x fairly firm to be happy with the pedalling platform. Lockout didn’t do a huge amount - same with my X2 that I now have - but it’s a plusher shock.

Cane Creek are where it’s at usually for lockout - the one on my Kitsuma coil is essentially solid. I only use it on long tarmac climbs though - normally just leave shocks wide open.

Posted: Mar 7, 2024 at 22:14 Quote
Sdu coil will fully lock out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013719
Mobile Version of Website