Epic FSR eating BBs like candy

PB Forum :: Specialized
Epic FSR eating BBs like candy
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:20 Quote
So I bought a 2017 Epic FSR Comp in October of last year, the first ride on it the stock BB blew out 5 miles in. The shop put in a Wheels manufacturing problem solver BB and that lasted about two months then started creaking really bad, then shop put in another Wheels BB and that only lasted a month before it started creaking....

I'm worried because I only have like 3 months left of my 1 year warranty on parts. Anyone else having these type of issues I see Spec went back to threaded BBs (good choice) for 2018 but that doesn't help me.

Posted: Aug 2, 2017 at 11:19 Quote
I am having issues on my other bike with a bb30. I replaced the BB once thinking it would take care of the problem, but the creak came back a few hundred miles later. It's probably not the BB, but the way the BB fits into the frame. I know there is slight clearance between the frame and the bearings, which will cause the creak to come back after time. The solution is to take apart, clean, apply grease to the crank at the bearing and retighten the crank arms. Wonder if anyone has tried the threaded conversions, but this will likely require a new crank set.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008383
Mobile Version of Website