How to save Boyscout Trail in Pacifica, CA

PB Forum :: USA - West
How to save Boyscout Trail in Pacifica, CA
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 22:30 Quote
Hey everyone,

I wanted to reach out on a few forums to figure out what to do about a local trail that is facing development. Boyscout Trail in Pacifica, CA is one of the best DH trails in the whole Bay Area and the private land it is on has just gone up for sale. The land was sold a year ago to someone on the east coast, and apparently they had drafted up some plans for development and want to sell it off for a quick profit so that someone local will develop it. I am still digging into the details of the situation, but if there are any Nor Cal riders (or anyone else) that want to help me save Boyscout, please reach out, I am trying to figure out what the best course of action would be.

Here is the Zillow link

Views: 500    Faves: 1    Comments: 0

Here is a vid of the trail that I shot. I'm not the best rider, but you get the idea, its a fun trail. This is just one of the lines that is part of the Boyscout trails, there are a number of other lines in there that are less extreme, and a couple that are way more extreme tup This trail is really a local treasure with a long history, it would be amazing if we could find a way to save it.

Thanks for your attention,
Chris

FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 14:12 Quote
Damn! Massive bummer! What can we help with?

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 18:25 Quote
Damn. I was just wondering about the maintenance status of this trail; like who built it and are they still around to dig/build? The lower half is pretty blown out with potholes these days and I wouldn't mind doing some reconditioning after the wet season passes, but also don't want to step on any toes... But yeah if the trail's in danger of getting flattened I guess that point is moot :-/ This spot is rad and I'd hate to lose it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011374
Mobile Version of Website