Suggestions on this jump?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Suggestions on this jump?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 11:04 Quote
https://imgur.com/a/qLpAe

I just built up this jump, the kicker is about 3-4 feet, with a 7 foot gap, and then a very mellow landing. I was wondering, what would you improve on this, and also is the transition before the kicker sufficient? meaning, would it be too violent of a transition?

Posted: Sep 20, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
the radius Looks a bit tight but it could work out. get some bords to put infront of the landing in case of a case and go for it Razz
i like the sandbag idea for less cohesive soil, might use that my self some day.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 9:53 Quote
best bet is to roll it and see how it feels. you should have either a good feeling rolling up, or a bad one. if it's good, send it. if not so good, make adjustments. when i've built jumps in the past, i just sit on the saddle, feet on the ground, and roll up and down the launch til it feels smooth. helps pack the takeoff as well as gives you a feel for the transition. if it bucks you out of the saddle, it's going to need some more work.

or just set up a gopro/phone/whatever and send it. see what the video tells you.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
Did you send it yet? Lip looks great.

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 at 8:15 Quote
I'm not sure how much speed you have coming into it but I'd say you could make the gap bigger if you wanted because I'm sure you could send past the landing.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
Luneec wrote:
the radius Looks a bit tight but it could work out. get some bords to put infront of the landing in case of a case and go for it Razz
i like the sandbag idea for less cohesive soil, might use that my self some day.

Yeah, I actually got this idea from Redbull Rampage :p Sandbags are relatively cheap for the amount of work it saves you, I bought 180 for about 160 at Home Depot.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
mph51 wrote:
Did you send it yet? Lip looks great.

Hopefully today, ill upload video when I do.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 12:57 Quote
chrisbalich wrote:
best bet is to roll it and see how it feels. you should have either a good feeling rolling up, or a bad one. if it's good, send it. if not so good, make adjustments. when i've built jumps in the past, i just sit on the saddle, feet on the ground, and roll up and down the launch til it feels smooth. helps pack the takeoff as well as gives you a feel for the transition. if it bucks you out of the saddle, it's going to need some more work.

or just set up a gopro/phone/whatever and send it. see what the video tells you.

Thanks for the help! Ill try that today before I hit it.

Posted: Nov 3, 2017 at 14:57 Quote
You have some great terrain to play with there

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010506
Mobile Version of Website